Sign in to follow this  
AJLedbetter123

MyTraffic X & P3D V2.4

Afternoon All,

I'm sure this has possibly been answered but I'm new to P3D, finally moved over and it's been a good start - I currently own 'MyTRAFFIC X PROFESSIONAL 5.4C FOR FSX'

Will this work for P3D or do I have to purchase something else?

If the above will work, how do I install it? Same process as X or got to do a few extra bits?

------------------------

Secondly, how does Ezdok work with P3D?

I use MyTraffic 5.4b with P3D 2;4  I've run into glitches with 5.4c (such as no airliner traffic appearing, GA only), and I've heard of others who have problems with it.  But there are also users who say they're getting good results with 5.4c.  The issues are probably system-specific, so 5.4c is probably worth a shot.  If you have 5.4b on hand, you could always revert.

As to installation, it's almost but not exactly the same as for FSX - at a certain point you have to interrupt the Communicator and do the last few steps by hand.

There are instructions in this thread - first three posts in particular.

Burkhard seems to be working slowly toward a P3D version, so at some point we might be able to drop the workarounds.

Hope this helps.

I use MyTraffic 5.4b with P3D 2;4  I've run into glitches with 5.4c (such as no airliner traffic appearing, GA only), and I've heard of others who have problems with it.  But there are also users who say they're getting good results with 5.4c.  The issues are probably system-specific, so 5.4c is probably worth a shot.  If you have 5.4b on hand, you could always revert.

As to installation, it's almost but not exactly the same as for FSX - at a certain point you have to interrupt the Communicator and do the last few steps by hand.

There are instructions in this thread - first three posts in particular.

Burkhard seems to be working slowly toward a P3D version, so at some point we might be able to drop the workarounds.

Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks for the help, I'll read through it and post back with results - Greatly appreciated!

---------------​---------------​---------------

Secondly; do you know much about Ezdok working with P3D? I use TrackIR with it like in FSX,,

Unfortunately I'm not an EZdok user - tried it in FSX but never got the hang of it, so I never set it up in P3D.

You might want to start a separate thread with EZdok in the title - that way it's more likely that other users will find their way to you.

Their support forums are here, and seem to include at least a couple of P3D-related threads, so a visit there might get you some leads if you haven't tried it already.

Sorry I can't tell you more about this one.  

I've had problems with My Traffic 5.4b causing the loss of taxi ways textures in P3D.

I've had problems with My Traffic 5.4b causing the loss of taxi ways textures in P3D.

You need to download the file from the link in post 16 in this thread on the MyTraffic support forum.  It replaces all the files in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder and fixes the taxiways along with a number of other issues.

Check the MyT Pro official message board. Burk has provided a revised airport download package that corrects this problem.

Burk has provided a revised airport download package that corrects this problem.

That's the one I linked to in my post just above - not trying to score extra points, BTW, just noting it because the MyTraffic forums can be difficult to navigate - there's a lot of stuff for a lot of versions.  In fact, there's an earlier, more limited airport update in that thread.  So to anyone just coming to this - jabloomf1230 and I are talking about the same file.  All you need to do is download it, unzip it, copy it into your MyTraffic/Scenery folder and your taxiways will be asphalt again.  Good hunting, and enjoy!

Hmm I wonder if the same goes for MyTraffic 2013. I have not tried it install it yet.

Secondly; do you know much about Ezdok working with P3D? I use TrackIR with it like in FSX,,

I am unable to get TrackIR working in 2.4, unfortunately.

To use EZDok, I installed it with the Migration Tool. Furthermore, you must manually launch the EZCA exe AFTER you launch P3D. It will not auto-launch. If you still have problems, search for the modded P3D EZCA exe. Simply replace your original (still requires launching after P3D.) This seems to help some people as well.

Good luck.

I am unable to get TrackIR working in 2.4, unfortunately.

That's the first time I've seen that posted anywhere. Is it working in FSX? If it is, see what versions of SimConnect that you have installed on your computer. Using the Windows Explorer, you can search this folder for "SimConnect" and it will list the different versions:

C:\Windows\WinSxS

If any are missing, you can find the installers here:

<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\redist\Interface

That's the first time I've seen that posted anywhere. Is it working in FSX? If it is, see what versions of SimConnect that you have installed on your computer. Using the Windows Explorer, you can search this folder for "SimConnect" and it will list the different versions:

C:\Windows\WinSxS

If any are missing, you can find the installers here:

<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\redist\Interface

Thanks so much for that info.

I used to use TrackIR + EZDOK together flawlessly in FSX. I switched to P3D last week after uninstalling FSX. I certainly had some simconnect issues with A2A at first until I realized that simconnect had not installed with P3D.

Last week I found a version of simconnect, but it may not be the right one, as I am getting an error trying to reinstall FSEconomy as well. Track IR is simply not recognized at the moment.

I will take your advice and look at those installers.

Thanks again!

Apologies for taking it off-topic for a moment.

Hi,

I use MyTraffic 2013 from Aerosoft and since P3dv2.4 I never had any problems it works as it should! (installed with Estonia Migration Tool)