Sign in to follow this  
tam210

what one to buy pmdg j41 or flight1 new super king b200

Hey all im stuck at a crossroads here really im needing a decent flight model to fly in fseconomy currently flying turbine duke but need something bigger so i can make more money per flight.

now the problem i have is the 2 addons that catching my eye are the pmdg j41 and the flight1 b200 im not sure what one to pick.

im swaying more towards the j41 for several reasons

more cargo capacity/passengers

i own other pmdg products and there fantastic

its also cheaper than the flight 1 b200

and the only reason i havent made a decision really is that from what i can see the j41 looks very dated compared to the new b200 as it is a newer release

the b200 looks awesome aswell but im a bit hesitant as i have not bought a flight1 aircraft before and i do not want to spend that kind of money to then say 5-6 months down the line i wish i had got one or the other instead.

also what one of the two will run better or are they much the same

i also like flight1 maintenance hangar as i find that adds another layer to the game.

so what one would you buy considering these will be only to do hops on fseconomy i plan on buying the 2 eventually but what one would you buy first.

i have also read the throttles can be a bit spiky/play up with the b200 when using the FSUIPC program so what one works better with that as i have the thrustmaster HOTAS warthog and need the duel throttle config and im not sure where to start or even if that is possible doing it through the fsx axis.

thanks

hayden :mellow:

I have the FLT 1 King Air. It is great. I would buy it again.

Ralph

How about Majestic Q400?

i have also looked at this also but this currently has 50/50 chance of working on fs economy there still trying to get it to work properly

I've used FSeconomy with the king air and it's awesome - the KA has speed mods so per fuel load you can get places really fast compared to a normal king air. And I just like the KA in general

I also have the J41 - honestly the J41 is a fps nightmare on my rig. The KA isn't a star by any means either.

But they're both fun to fly.

Oh the good thing about F1 is that they have a 30 day return policy - not many devs have that!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Razbam Metro III works well in FSE.

As does the PMDG B1900 (an FS2004 product but good in FSX too)

I have both the above but neither of your choices.

Maybe check how many J41s are available in FSE?

Cheers

Keith

I'm a PMDG J41 owner and it remains my favourite FSX addon ever (so I might be a bit biased :lol: ). Whilst it's demanding on your system (similar to the NGX), it has aged gracefully and still looks very good by modern standards.

It is terrific fun to fly and has just enough automation (including an FMS) to make it manageable for one person so it keeps you busy throughout the flight. However, the learning curve is steep because of the TPE331 engines so you must be prepared to at least read and perform the tutorial flight, otherwise you'll be burning through engines faster than a hot knife through butter!

The King Air will be simpler to fly and quicker, but I just can't see it being as much fun. Both Flight1 and PMDG are top authors, I'd avoid lesser products from Carenado, Razbam etc if systems depth is important to you.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Apparently, the throttle issue with the F1 King Air is easily solved with a simple edit in FSUIPC.

Randall

It's a boring day at work so I'm actually going to post!

I own both of those products, but not FS Economy.  My personal list would be:

1. Majestic Q400  (:P, had to throw this in)
    I consider it the best free-turbine turboprop simulation in FSX.  I would also say it is the best FSX aircraft (second only to the PMDG 737/777).  Add FS2Crew and it's one of the best experiences I've had in FSX, and is quite the hand full in less than ideal weather.
  2. Flight 1 Super Kingair 200
    Mostly because I have the Q400 for the more complex airline/2-crew aircraft.  I wanted a lighter/simpler twin turboprop with some speed, which this provides.
  3. PMDG J41
    It's third only because I have the Q400.  It was basically a test-bed for the current PMDG FSX technology, so it can be relatively heavy on the frames at times.  I still fly it all the time as it's a great aircraft and the best, if only, simulation of a geared turboprop.

The Razbam Metro has perked my interest too.  Might have to buy that sooner or later.

-Bryant

I think both are worth having but if I had to choose one I would keep the Kingair. The Kingair feels newer both with systems and overall (as an addon). But the J41 is still decent. Both planes have some buttons to push and system depth.

The J41 is hard on the frames, the Kingair is a bit better here. It was a factor with my old oc'ed core2 duo but they both run well on an i5.

FDE are good on both addons. Subjectively maybe even a bit better on the J41.

For FSE: The J41 is the better cash maker of course but it is also more work to fill up all the seats (FSE Flight planner helps, but still...).The 200 is a nice plane to just do a quick relaxing 8 to 13 pax run back and forth without much searching for a good route. I had a J41 for a while in FSE but sold it. But this is a matter of personal preference of course. In my case, if I want money I fly a BAE146, Electra, CRJ, Embraer or something. But most of my FSE time I prefer flying something between a Cherokee and a Kingair.

I must also say the F1 200 looks awesome imho :lol:

But it is not an easy choice. From time to time I rent a J41 to fly it again and it is always fun for a while. I just couldn't do it without my Kingair for too long (which is already not a bad plane to haul in some cash).

I'm a PMDG J41 owner and it remains my favourite FSX addon ever
+1.  The F1 B200 is nice but seems to lack the 'character' I find in the J41. (I'm also not partial to glass cockpits.)

Hans Soule

Definitely JS41, it is maybe the best turboprop around (together with the Majestic Dash 8). There are no performance issues with it on my rig, it looks great and the level of system detail is the usual PMDG level.

Peter

Of the two I would pick the F1 B200.  How about the PC-12?  Have no idea if it will work in FSE though.

But, the Metroliner is on sale at 50% off at JustFlight.$20 for either FSX or P3D  $30 for Both.  Not bad if you like the Razbam.

Prices good 'til Nov 10th.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .