Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Still alot of OOMs with the DX10 fixer. Properly configured?

Hi everyone!

I`ve been using the 2.4 version of the fixer now ever since it was released, but sadly, I`m not experiencing less OOMs than before. Yes, it fixes a ton of other problems that pleases me, but still on short flights with lowered settings - Crash. This is probably some of the most important settings to consider:

- Cloud resolution - 1024

- Autogen density - normal

- Water effects - low

- Texture resolution - 7 cm

- LOD radius - 4.5

The only tweaks I have is BP=0, FFTF=0.15 and of course HIGHMEMFIX=1. When I run FSX with these settings with FPS slider set to unlimited I get a mind-blowing performance, compared to having it locked to 30 FPS. So of course, the DX10 fixer is doing some magic there but still, you get my problem. The fixer is set up using the manual where I use 4x AA and 4x SGSS. Without the latter all gauges appear blurry. I only fly the NGX and mostly land on Aerosoft airports including Bergen X, Gardemoen X, Stavanger X, Arlanda X and Helsinki X. Mega airports like Heathrow X, together with FTX England, is a solid crash. Whats strange is the fact that I can make a 2h flight from Tromsø X to Gardemoen X with no crash, but today on a short flight from Kastrup Copenhagen to Gardemoen, FSX crashed when I parked at the gate. I`m starting to wonder if all the textures you add with REX4 consumes alot of VAS, since I don`t use any photoscenery for instance...

Any input or tips/tricks would be appreciated  :Peace:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Everything turned off since I mainly do my flying on vatsim. Oh, I almost forgot - aircraft shadows have also been turned off, but doesnt seem to impact VAS usage that much. I have recieved alot of help from one particular person who publishes alot of youtube videos flying in the same area as I do. We have almost identical setups, although he has twice the amount of memory as I have. But again FSX doesnt care about 8, 12 or 16GB of memory. Im using his identical settings that I posted above, but still, I seem to  fall in the OOM pit  -_-

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

No ideas here.

You could try running the toolbox and looking at the fsx.cfg settings from the menu - if you have mistyped any setting or put it in the wrong section it might show it up.

Do you think REX4 textures that are added to FSX has any significant impact on VAS usage, Steve? I mean, I use these textures for everything, but all are 1024 or below. maybe I should try a sceneryconfig editor to deactivate sceneries that I dont use. Anyways, I deactivate them in the scenery library but it doesnt seem to help.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I use the fixer and REX4 textures with no problems, I don't believe that to be the culprit. I also have more than a few payware airports, GEX AND UTX, and do not experience any OOM's. I'm sorry I can't offer a solution, but I don't believe REX4 textures are the problem. I will say that the reason I purchased the fixer is I was experiencing OOM's at payware KDFW. I thought it would fix the problem, but it didn't - turned out I'd jacked up my .cfg somehow - I think that I had a double entry or a mispelling somewhere. When I did what they suggest - start with a clean cfg - my problem was solved. Not saying that's your problem, but it made a difference for me.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I am with Brian on this - its very easy to make a slip editing fsx.cfg and can be very hard to spot.

The toolbox screen calls the windows apis to read values and so may highlight any issues.

I found setting ManualLoad to true on any addon in DLL.XML i don't want to automatically load actually got rid of my ooms.

Fsx will ask you if you want to load at startup reduced my vas quite alot..

Especially RAASPRO weirdly enough

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Disabled>true</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>true</ManualLoad>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

RYZEN 7 5800X3D EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ,  CORSAIR CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 64GB SAPPHIRE NITRO  AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16368 MB) 

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Samsung U32J59x (DisplayPort) [31.5" VA LCD] Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (ITB)WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB)

I am with Brian on this - its very easy to make a slip editing fsx.cfg and can be very hard to spot.

The toolbox screen calls the windows apis to read values and so may highlight any issues.

I´m gonna try this out later, but I recalled when I reinstalled Win7 and FSX a month ago I only added these tweaks to my .cfg . In this case, something may have messed it up afterwards, i.e some add ons etc. I don´t like to add a bunch of tweaks to my .cfg. My FSX performs absurdly good, its just the damn OOMs.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Are you sure you have no traffic 'not even boats?leisure boats can be a killer. I live in Denmark and have no issues with EKCH-ENGM scansim and aerosoft with TML 2048 and the NGX UTII at 30% ,autogen very dence ,ASN and 1024 rex 4. FTX GLOBAL AND VECTOR 1.15.Also try delete the shader10 folder in appdata lócal and post your fsx.cfg here.

ftx England is a beast with EGll. I can also get oom here even with autogen on normal with the PMDG777

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png