Sign in to follow this  
TheHoser11

Lost my cockpit shadows

Since v2.4 I no longer have cockpit shadows. Is there a setting somewhere I could be missing? I've got Internal Vehicle Cast and Receive checked under lighting.

Is there something else I need to check?

I was going to further investigate this myself. Last night I was in the Majestic Dash 8 and not really doing much other than flying around tweaking rendering settings and it was partly cloudy during the time. I have cloud shadows turned on and they were working properly. I was getting the lightening and darkening of flying in and out of cloud shadows but I did not see any cockpit shadows. I double checked that I had the internal cast and receive on and I did. I'm glad It's not just me. Apparently it has to be a bug in 2.4. When I have time I was going to check other aircraft to make sure it wasn't just the Dash.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Ha ha,

at just half an hour ago I encountered the same problem.

I was always thinking the last days I miss something till I suddenly took care of the cockpit shadows.

Then I thought they're not so obvisious because of the bad wether we had the last weeks here.

But now comes the trick:

set the "objects shadow cast distance" to 3,000 or more.

Voilá, the VC shadows are back again!

(I think that was not needed before 2.4? Can't remember ...)

EDIT:

ok, I'm not exactly sure what happens here.

Just moving the object shadows cast distance slider doesn't work (always).

What is working here for 100% is to set shadow quality to off (this switches all shadow settings off.

Then re-enable them (e.g shadow quality to low, click enable terrain to revieve shadows, cloud shadow cast distance, internal and external vehicle) and then ALSO Object shadow cast distance.

That is the way I can enable them every time.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

set the "objects shadow cast distance" to 3,000 or more.

Voilá, the VC shadows are back again!

That did it for me.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?