Sign in to follow this  
flightsimfan912

Need help finding websites to research for a project

Hey guys it's been a while since I've posted here, so sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Anyway I've been trying to research for a pretty big project of my own. Is there a website that, well describes contract negotiations between Airports and Airlines? I need to know what type of prices they negotiate(gate fees, etc), however I'm having trouble coming up with what goes on.

If you guys really want to know I'm starting work on the framework of a potential Airport Management Simulator, text-sim, PC game-based. Airport Tycoon is my main inspiration. I have the story-board all planned out. I have some basic stuff in, however I just want to know what kind of things Airports and Airlines negotiate in, and if there's a website dedicated to this type of stuff - it could really help me out a lot.

I really have nothing to show right now however once I understand a little more about airport management and get the basic framework down I'll show later what I have done soon. I may use this a blog - I have an old word-press website that I've never really been interested in so I'll probably use this if people are interested in following.

Thanks, help is much appreciated!

That might be tricky information to find as it probably comes under the "commercial in confidence" line. Airports probably wouldn't like all their airline clients knowing what rates they are all paying as otherwise one airline might ask why they are paying more than another.

Have you tried googling "airline gate fees"? I found an interesting pdf about Miami airports fees and charges on the first page

http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/Fees_and_Charges_Book.pdf

or this one from sw florida international:

http://www.flylcpa.com/uploads/pagesfiles/1478.pdf

www.antsairplanes.com

I guess I was asking for too much. At this point what I need is what kind of things Airports charge Airlines. I not tried it yet - I have tried other searches but nothing that interests me - guess I'll have to scale back on my requirements. I'm willing to look anywhere that can provide useful information.

Those PDF's are definitely interesting - I will have a look at them. Thank you.

Anyone else who has any kind of useful information that could help me, do share! Much appreciated.

Still searching on google, but not anything that I want to spend a huge amount of time on.. Anyone else have ideas? Sorry to bring this back up, but would love to find information about this. Any kind of information would be great.

Specifically I would like to know a few things:

What types of fees are covered in Airport - Airline agreements?

How long are typical contracts?

Does anyone get any kind of benefits from these contracts?

How do these agreements effect airport growth?

Right now a few of these Q's I don't need now but it'd great to know so I can plan out when the time comes.

Why not just contact the Airlines or go to the local airport and try and speak with the management and tell them why you need the info.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Because the project is not really "there" yet. I can't just tell them I need information because I'm working on a project. I just want to research so I know how to base the project on. Just trying to look for ideas, that's all...

Contacted my local airport administration and they sent me a few examples of their agreement with Southwest Airlines, very helpful. They said that since the airport is a public use airport, public records are made upon request, 

Got some great starting information, so if anyone else has any information I'll definitely write them down.

Great, all the best for your project.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus