Sign in to follow this  
dva51

Samolaco, Valchiavenna

Hi all ...

and in particular the people interested in the add-on scenery

just to inform you that it will soon be available a "little scenery" of the Samolaco airfield on North Italy (grass runway for ultralights), made on real coordinates and terrain/buildings obtained by the pictures on the web.

here's the video presentation ...

http://youtu.be/anPrFoIEqOE

bye

Aldo

I'm sorry but that looks really really awful. Those deep green oversaturated mountains, that horrible grass around and even on the runway and the video is a stuttering mess altogether.

I like how the airfield itself is rendered. with the buildings and all.  The color of the grass IS a bit too bright green to blend into the surrounding scenery, though.  I don't mind the "grass" on the runway as it is a grass field after all.  As for the mountain coloration, one's own ground textures should take care of that as I don't believe it's part of the scenery that was created.

As for the video ....... who cares if it's "jerky" ...... it won't be playing inside the sim anyway.  It give you enough of a flavor of the airfield.  Not everyone is Steven Spielberg.

I think the word "awful" is just a tad too strong for this chap's effort.

I'm sorry but that looks really really awful

Yep, that should really spur Aldo on to provide more free gifts to the community.

Hi

with reference to the last comments, I thank everybody :smile: for them.

Sorry if the quality of these "free" jobs is not in line with what you would like ...

ciao

:wink: Aldo

Aldo I am impressed.  Not so much with this scenery per se but your marketing.

You gave us a preview including a video, shortly after a heads-up that it was available for download from the Library.  Even many payware, let alone freeware, developers fall short in this area.  

I believe you may be Aldo Della Vedova who has, with others, contributed mightily to our appreciation of Italy, your homeland, and other countries.  :im Not Worthy:   

Am personally very grateful for your efforts, enthusiasm and value your many contributions to our little community.   :clapping:

Salute ...  :drinks:

Thank you "Appliance" :smile:

for your message that I read just now for my "unpardonable carelessness" :blush:.

Your words make me blush a little, but I appreciate them very much.

In truth, even if what I do I do it for myself, I'm glad to know that Others can also enjoy that and without asking anything in return ... except few comments.

kind regards

;) Aldo, an italian retired, that loves to fly and draw, further to love own country :italia-flag:.