Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

FSEconomy-style portal for commercial airline piloting?

I like the idea FSEconomy has in that you can rent planes and fly pax/cargo for money, but it's too much like Air Hauler in my opinion and doesn't lend well to those of us who fly PMDG planes almost exclusively. Short of joining a VA, are there any portals similar to FSEconomy that are tailored to commercial aviation (i.e. you're not renting AC but piloting for a commercial airliner using real world routes and what not.)

Thoughts?

You can look into the "Virtual Pilots Association", which is sort of a VA, but more of a flying club where you are essentially self-directed on what, where, and when you fly. The fun comes from some of the various accomplishments you can earn with VPA as well as holding yourself to a high standard of flight accuracy and recording, not to mention the community.

There's also "Flyteline", which is a spinoff of the FSEconomy code. Flyteline is FSEconomy "for airliners", but it has some issues. It branched out from the original FSE codebase quite a long time ago, so Flyteline is very very antiquated when compared to FSE's current platform of features. That said, it still might hold something of interest for you, so it can't hurt to look.

-Greg