Sign in to follow this  
Beanf18

PMDG secret project

747-8

Actually, the 747-8 is confirmed to be either included in, or an expansion to, the 744v2.

Actually, the 747-8 is confirmed to be either included in, or an expansion to, the 744v2.

This is correct.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe it isn't an aircraft? Maybe the secret project is a new functionality for the aircraft or the simulator itself? Try thinking outside the box, ladies and gentlemen!

PMDG already stated that regionals will never be part of their product line.

No they most certainly have not! What did you think their JS41 was?

In that case I would like to see a Fokker 70/100 again, again because of the effort Digital Aviation put into it in the past. I will enclose some pictures to give you an idea. I liked the simulation very much, a VC however, was never included. The speedbrakes, located in the tail section are interesting and the FMS is somewhat similar to an Airbus. fokkerjet7_zpsf23c730a.jpgfokkerjet1_zpsb42145e0.jpgfokkerjet5_zpsef66f846.jpg

No they most certainly have not! What did you think their JS41 was?

I'm sorry, he said "business jets" weren't their thing and they'd never do one. Considering most regional jets are modified business jets (or vice versa), that pretty much leaves the ERJs and CRJs off the table, which are the two most widely used regionals. The JS41 was a project RSR wanted to do because it was an aircraft he flew for a long time early in his career.

And, since the Dash-8 was scrapped because of technical issues simulating a turboprop of that capacity (which I read somewhere on this forum), that pretty much leaves the ATR out as well. 

IMHO--a 757, 767 or 787 would be money in the bank. I know they are on "autobuy" for me. That's PMDG's forte and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them. The earlier Boeings would be very good but a long shot.

I know the DC-6 is a personal fav for them but it won't make NGX or 777 money.  I look forward to the 747 v2 and still fly the Queen.....

Jim Atkins

Maybe PMDG is just sick of all of us whining and trying to get release dates in unconventional ways.  So they venturing into train simulation.   PMDG quality of train simulator 2015 of a diesel or steam locomotive cabs. Ultra detail of the dynamic and independent brakes with never before seen features in train simulator.  You just have to get used to the steam marketplace, and changing the FDE so it really does ride on rails. haha

And if that doesnt come close, then im going with the flight engineer position on the DC 8. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

As someone said earlier in this thread, there must be some potential users/buyers, atleat enough to make the project viable.

I don't know much about old birds, and I can understand that some may expect this (such as 707, 727, DC3, DC6 etc). But I am not sure that it would be something profitable (I may be wrong, so please don't feel offended). Also, old generation jets, such as 767, 757 have already been developped by some other companies, and I don't think there are really popular on the networks (I fly IVAO, and those aircrafts are quite rare I have to say _ here again, I might be wrong).

Many of you pointed out, cleverly I think, ATR72-600. And I must agree with this. Indeed the only existing version of this aircraft (well, -500 to be correct) was done long long time ago, quite nicely I have to say, by Flight1. And since then, nobody jumped in it. But this aircraft is damn popular, at least on IVAO, and that would be an excellent thing to go with this updated version -600. 

Adding to this, it is a pleasure to fly it, with its unique systems, and operations (hotel mode for example), allowing to make short flights with almost no time for a coffee. And no VNAV here, so you'll have to use your brain!

Well, If God (or Santa, or.. Rob) truly exists, then this secret project must be ATR72-600 (or -500)

I might (and am probably wrong), but hope that for once, I'll be right!

Max

"Aeronautics is neither a science, nor an industry; it’s a miracle" Igor Sikorski

I'm sorry, he said "business jets" weren't their thing and they'd never do one. Considering most regional jets are modified business jets (or vice versa), that pretty much leaves the ERJs and CRJs off the table, which are the two most widely used regionals. The JS41 was a project RSR wanted to do because it was an aircraft he flew for a long time early in his career.

And, since the Dash-8 was scrapped because of technical issues simulating a turboprop of that capacity (which I read somewhere on this forum), that pretty much leaves the ATR out as well.

ERJs and CRJs are still airliners and are operated like airliners. They aren't like typical business jets.

As for the J41 IIRC the person who suggested making it was not aware RSR had flown it. That no doubt sealed the deal but it wasn't the reason why it was chosen initially.

As for Dash-8 sized turboprops being technically difficult I can't imagine where that idea came from. You'd better let Majestic know before they waste any more time on theirs. If PMDG can make a J41 they can make an ATR or Dash-8, should they choose to. The capacity of an aircraft isn't an issue in simulation. The J41 was in fact harder due to not having a free turbine engine.

ki9cAAb.jpg

ERJs and CRJs are still airliners and are operated like airliners. They aren't like typical business jets.

As for the J41 IIRC the person who suggested making it was not aware RSR had flown it. That no doubt sealed the deal but it wasn't the reason why it was chosen initially.

As for Dash-8 sized turboprops being technically difficult I can't imagine where that idea came from. You'd better let Majestic know before they waste any more time on theirs. If PMDG can make a J41 they can make an ATR or Dash-8, should they choose to. The capacity of an aircraft isn't an issue in simulation. The J41 was in fact harder due to not having a free turbine engine.

Any non-experimental airplane can operate as an airliner with the appropriate operating certificate. They're still modified business jets. I would love for PMDG to make them, but I'm not holding my breath over it. And I know someone else suggested it to him. It was still his decision to go ahead and produce one because he loves the plane. As far as the -8 goes, I meant it was too technical for them to devote the resources to produce it when they already had other projects on their plate. The Majestic -8 is a fine airplane. I never said it couldn't be done or PMDG wasn't capable of producing one.