Sign in to follow this  
Beanf18

PMDG secret project

Any non-experimental airplane can operate as an airliner with the appropriate operating certificate. They're still modified business jets.

The ERJ-145 began as a regional jet. Embraer hadn't made a business jet it could modify. RSR said they would never do a business jet, he didn't expand on why. So it's not necessarily to do with the kind of systems they have. It could just as easily be about how recognisable they are to the average PMDG customer.

And I know someone else suggested it to him. It was still his decision to go ahead and produce one because he loves the plane.

At the risk of going round in circles, without that original suggestion it might never have been chosen.

As far as the -8 goes, I meant it was too technical for them to devote the resources to produce it when they already had other projects on their plate.

How was I supposed to guess that was what you meant? :unknw:

ki9cAAb.jpg

The ERJ-145 began as a regional jet. Embraer hadn't made a business jet it could modify. RSR said they would never do a business jet, he didn't expand on why. So it's not necessarily to do with the kind of systems they have. It could just as easily be about how recognisable they are to the average PMDG customer.

Never said it had anything to do with systems. It's obvious that they're in high demand. Ever been on the Aerosoft CRJ forum for their upcoming FSX/P3D CRJ?

At the risk of going round in circles, without that original suggestion it might never have been chosen.

Again, it's pretty obvious that both ERJs and CRJs have been suggested many times on this forum.

How was I supposed to guess that was what you meant?

Don't guess..........ask instead. 

I'm sorry, he said "business jets" weren't their thing and they'd never do one. Considering most regional jets are modified business jets (or vice versa), that pretty much leaves the ERJs and CRJs off the table, which are the two most widely used regionals. The JS41 was a project RSR wanted to do because it was an aircraft he flew for a long time early in his career.

And, since the Dash-8 was scrapped because of technical issues simulating a turboprop of that capacity (which I read somewhere on this forum), that pretty much leaves the ATR out as well. 

What on earth makes you think that most regionals are modified business jets? To me that sounds a bit like saying most Cessna's are Lear jets. After all, they both have wings. With very few exceptions outside of bizliners, most business jet manufacturers do not have products in the regional market. 

What on earth makes you think that most regionals are modified business jets? To me that sounds a bit like saying most Cessna's are Lear jets. After all, they both have wings. With very few exceptions outside of bizliners, most business jet manufacturers do not have products in the regional market. 

I'm talking about ERJs and CRJs - the two MOST commonly used regionals, hence MOST regionals being modified business jets. 

If Wiki is anything to go by, an ERJ is a stretched and re-engined EMB-120 Brasilia. I'm pretty sure a Brasilia isn't a biz jet. Embraer's biz jets are off shoots of their RJ lines.

On the other hand, a CRJ is an evolved Challenger design.

That said, since semantics seem to be the order of the day, the reductio ad absurdum reductum argument would be that we should be calling an EC-135 an airliner because it's only a modified 707...

Can we just kill this whole debate with "PMDG is gonna do what they want to do, provided there is market justification?"

That seems to be the litmus test, and it's an "AND" argument there:

PMDG wants to do it (TRUE) && there is market justification (TRUE)

TRUE

PMDG wants to do it (TRUE) && there is market justification (FALSE)

FALSE

PMDG wants to do it (FALSE) && there is market justification (TRUE)

FALSE

PMDG wants to do it (FALSE) && there is market justification (FALSE)

FALSE

It seems that the regional jets currently fail Condition A, regardless of Condition B.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, gents (and ladies as well), we know PMDG does love accurate systems modeling. 

And for the most part, their work has been turbofans.  Most part because of the upcoming classic piston airliner rumored to be forthcoming.

And, they seem to like Boeing... mostly.

And they like big aircraft - Bigger, the better.

So, Boeing turbofan, lots of systems, classic LARGE aircraft - Bring on the Boeing B-52H by PMDG.

"When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight." (Old SAC adage)

Now, I'd fly that!

Kattz out...

I really, really miss that plane.

Talk to Paul Golding then, he told me he'd love to do it.

Dave Taylor gb.png

So, Boeing turbofan, lots of systems, classic LARGE aircraft - Bring on the Boeing B-52H by PMDG.

But release it for DCS rather than FSX. I think military birds tend to be just boring in FSX, if I want to do some peaceful, totally safe flying I can as well fly the 737NGX. 

Regards,

Joona L

But release it for DCS rather than FSX. I think military birds tend to be just boring in FSX, if I want to do some peaceful, totally safe flying I can as well fly the 737NGX. 

Regards,

Joona L

Hello, Joona,

If I could fly from, say, the new Nellis AFB LC that DCS is supposedly adding to the Georgian airspace and back, then, yes, that would be OK.  But I couldn't reach cruising altitude in the BUFF in the current landmass.

Caveat - I'm not thinking of carpet-bombing a former Soviet republic, just thinking of what the game would be required to support for realism distance-wise.  It could be purely fictional airspace.

BTW, I have splashed a few airliners with the F-15 in FSX.... 

Even though people dont respect 14yr old simmers' opinions (aka facts):

PMDG have already stated in an interview with froogle that they are not doing a 787 for a while.

Sorry to resurrect old conversations but:

I would say that the NEW aerosoft '320 series is 98% solid. Why do you all say it isn't

?

?

?

Even though people dont respect 14yr old simmers' opinions (aka facts):
I wonder why that might be?

I would say that the NEW aerosoft '320 series is 98% solid. Why do you all say it isn't?
Basic maths for a start. There are two seats and if you only model one of them, then you have only done 50% of the seats.

Basic maths for a start. There are two seats and if you only model one of them, then you have only done 50% of the seats.

Why do you say that there is only one seat? There are two:

Left,

And right.

Another thing, I would love the ERJ170/190

+1 for the MD80 series, the most iconic plane (with the 747) in the last 40 years. :wub:  :wub:

Why do you say that there is only one seat? There are two:

Left,

And right.

Another thing, I would love the ERJ170/190

He's saying that because the aircraft is only flyable from the left hand seat. The rh FMC does not mimic the lh side as it does in reality.

Feelthere.com do a great sim of the ERJ's.

Dave Taylor gb.png