Sign in to follow this  
Beanf18

PMDG secret project

... you dont need 2 fmcs

I use both CDUs all the time in the 777. You may not need them, but the way PMDG implemented the simming features feels a lot more realistic.
Also, there's a lot more going on on the other side of the airplane than just the CDU. There are more displays than just that one, too.

By the way, signing posts with your full, real, name is mandatory here. It's not optional.

Although I've been guilty of it before, it's worth mentioning:

If you'd like to vent about another product, it should be done in that product's forum and not here.

Kyle Rodgers

So, Boeing turbofan, lots of systems, classic LARGE aircraft - Bring on the Boeing B-52H by PMDG.

A chance to practice the dreaded seven engine approach. Bring it on.

Only one problem. FSX can't deal with more than four engines.....

Don't guess..........ask instead. 

I didn't guess. I took what you wrote to be what you meant to say.  So next time someone types something, do I have to ask them if they really meant to say that before answering?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that what you wrote wasn't what you actually meant to say, but you've got to take some responsibility for it all the same.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Have there been any guesses not yet guessed? How many guesses could a guesser guess if a guesser could guess again? 

Have there been any guesses not yet guessed? How many guesses could a guesser guess if a guesser could guess again? 

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Kyle Rodgers

How much wood would a Woodpigeon... um... pigeon... if a Woodpigeon could... ah... pigeon wood...?

Hmmm.  Works better with woodchucks....

Answers: yes, two, and woodpigeons can only pigeonhole wood. YAY! What do I win? I, umm, do win SOMETHING, right?

Answers: yes, two, and woodpigeons can only pigeonhole wood. YAY! What do I win? I, umm, do win SOMETHING, right?

An extra GBU-16 for that 15 of yours?

Kyle Rodgers

ALL RIGHT!!! I'll have the GBU-12's all around, then... Cheers!

Mmmm... Laser-guided precision attack munition... I think I need a towel...

A chance to practice the dreaded seven engine approach. Bring it on.

Only one problem. FSX can't deal with more than four engines.....

I didn't guess. I took what you wrote to be what you meant to say.  So next time someone types something, do I have to ask them if they really meant to say that before answering?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that what you wrote wasn't what you actually meant to say, but you've got to take some responsibility for it all the same.

Well...A little ingenuity can simulate 8 engines with 4...just playing with the thrust of one to simulate 2.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Well...A little ingenuity can simulate 8 engines with 4...just playing with the thrust of one to simulate 2.

That's exactly what Capt. Sim did with their B-52. But is that the PMDG way? Maybe in XPlane.

ki9cAAb.jpg

That's exactly what Capt. Sim did with their B-52. But is that the PMDG way? Maybe in XPlane.

If PMDG were to do one yes. Maybe in a little more refined way but given that the desired outcome is the same...

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I am still expecting a commercial Airliner, as mentioned before a Fokker 70-100 would be nice and maybe an Airbus A340, why should PMDG stick to Boeing. Besides it's interesting to fly an airliner with a totally different concept.

A good version of the Mc Donnell Douglas DC-8 would be great too with its beautifully crafted jet engines and its distinct appearance. And off course when the DC-8 comes into focus the Boeing 707 is not far away.

Ah, well, PMDG may surprise us yet

If it's actually an aircraft, my bet it would be another turboprop like the Embraer 120. As far as I know it shares the same FMS as the JS4100 which could save a lot (I guess) of development time.

sig1.png
sig2.png

To all the people thinking it wont be an aircraft... yes it will.

If the secret project is being released for X-Plane as well (yes that right, PMDG is working on something thats -not just- fsx/p3d, shock horror) than it will need to be an aircraft.

Its hard to add extended support (like new ops center that somone mentioned earlier on I think) without having a product on the platform to support.

So if we could all start to remember XP exists (and getting developed by PMDG) and is one of the ways foward in FlightSim that would be great.

Cheers