Sign in to follow this  
Beanf18

PMDG secret project

Dassault Mercure or Sud Aviation Caravelle B)  

Whatever they pick, something exotic I hope.  

- all the clues are pointing towards the DC-6 guys. We have evidence it exists, but no public mention of it being released. Seems pretty obvious.

It unlikely( given how methodical and logical PMDG is) they would have put resources into a project to simply abandon it and create another from the ground up, with out finishing the first.

Then why would they call it a "secret project" if they already announced it?

Hamoody,

If you go back and read the thread, RSR simply states they are currently developing a product. No where do they claim that it is a product that is ' secret '. You have assumed, as others, that just because they aren't telling us what it is, that it is a new product, never mentioned.

I am saying that that makes no sense from a business standpoint for it to be anything but the DC-6, especially given the fact that the project is not mentioned, there, or any other relavant thread, as if it mysteriously disappeared.

Peter Osborn

Hamoody,

If you go back and read the thread, RSR simply states they are currently developing a product. No where do they claim that it is a product that is ' secret '. You have assumed, as others, that just because they aren't telling us what it is, that it is a new product, never mentioned.

I am saying that that makes no sense from a business standpoint for it to be anything but the DC-6, especially given the fact that the project is not mentioned, there, or any other relavant thread, as if it mysteriously disappeared.

My mistake. I thought I remembered seeing something about a 'new' or 'secret' project. One can hope, though...

The reality is that, as avid simmers as they are, PMDG is a business. They have to consider what their "ROI" (return on investment) will be for any project on which they embark.

I have read somewhere that we, simmers, are more likely to buy an add-on for an aircraft that we can "see and touch" in real life. If that is the case, the options for developing something new and unique greatly decrease.

PMDG have nicely surprised us by venturing away from "existing" aircraft and developing the JS4100 and the (worst kept secret) DC-6 (I am sure that it will show up at our doorstep one day, just look at Robert's profile picture one more time).

I would love to see another "PMDG Light" development of aircraft such as a Boeing 707 or a DC-8!!

Anything that does not require "LNAV, VNAV ... coffee..." after "Gear Up". We have lots of those to entertain us.

But, as "serviceceiling" said: "Whatever it is, it's going to be awesome!"

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

DC-6 (I am sure that it will show up at our doorstep one day, just look at Robert's profile picture one more time).

The picture actually shows Capt. Randazzo in the cockpit of "the 1945 ex-Pan American World Airways DC-3 (NC33611) he has restored in full Pan Am livery and named the 'Tabitha May.'" More details here (scroll down).

And still more here.  

Oh, and here's a much larger version of the profile shot.

Therefore my guess/wish/hope/prayer: a PMDG DC-3.

Maybe someday...

Therefore my guess/wish/hope/prayer: a PMDG DC-3.

Thanks for setting me straight Alan.

And I guess/wish/hope/pray, right next to you :-)

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

And I guess/wish/hope/pray, right next to you :-)

Am grateful for the company!

Now... let's get all the conspiracy theorists really wound up.  The first site I linked to also refers to Rob's having raced a T-6 at Reno.

Meanwhile, A2A has been dropping hints that a T-6 might be their next Accu-sim project, or one of the next ones, anyway.[EDIT: stronger evidence].

We know that A2A and PMDG have had conversations in the past (about PMDG's taking on the DC-6, and about the VC clickspot issue in the 777 and the A2A 172).

So... the DC-3 as an A2A/PMDG joint project?

I know, I know... there's a fine line between dreams and hallucinations and I've just crossed it.

Still...

A PMDG DC-3 would be awesome, the aircraft definitely deserves to get modeled in high detail... I can think of all kinds of interesting scenarios for that aircraft. 

Regards,

Joona L

Oh, here's something else I just thought of.  Alexander Metzger is a superb veteran flight dynamics designer who was recently engaged by PMDG to create the FDE for the DC-6.  Just coincidentally, he happens to have developed a first-rate FDE for the (truly excellent) freeware C-47 created by a team headed by Manfred Jahn and available at Sim Outhouse.

So there's Alexander hanging out with Rob and there's this DC-3 sitting out in the ramp...

OK, enough for today [stops posting, reaches for tin foil hat...]   B)

I am hoping for an ATR-72 600 or a Boeing 757, don't get me wrong the QualityWings 757 v3 is very nice but its no PMDG....

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

or a 767? the coockpit of a 767-400 is like the from 777 right?

Sure, but nobody really bought any of those, so I doubt they'd do it.

Kyle Rodgers

767 would make me cry a little. Happiness of course..  B)

767 would make me cry a little. Happiness of course..  B)

I could go for a good 767-200/300.

Kyle Rodgers