Sign in to follow this  
xTalonFoxtrot42x

Simulation Stutter (pause) in NYC

Issue:

I'm having the strangest issue since trying to switch over to DX10. Whenever I'm in NYC (KLGA, KJFK, etc) I get intermittent stutters which essentially pause the simulator for about 1-2 seconds. It repeats on a pattern of 5 seconds stable, 1-2 seconds pause, back to 5 seconds of stability. 

This eventually goes away if I'm far enough out from an airport such as directly over the city. Once I get close enough to a NYC (mainly KJFK and KLGA) the stutters return. 

What I've tried:

1) Every possible time of day

2) Every type of aircraft

3) Default and custom scenery

4) Inspector settings and FSX settings. 

What worked:

The only solution I could find was to turn Scenery Complexity to Sparse. Leaving Autogen at sparse or extreme did not matter and can be ruled out. 

Thoughts:

I believe, without a doubt, there's something at these NYC airports in terms of objects that are not compatible with DX10 and thus causing the stutters. I've tried to replicate this at numerous airports in dense populations and rural ones. I've also tried to replicate it at custom and default airports. The only "region" so far that gives me this issue is the NYC one

Are there any freeware mods or something that can replace the generated airport scenery specific to these airports that can be compatible with DX10? Any help would be appreciated.

Just to add to the op  issues  just noticed this for  the first time  at fsdt   airport KORD when I went  to pan around   it would pause of  1/4  of  a sec  than went back to normal for  4 secs or  so  than pause  for  a 1/4  sec  this keeps continuing if  I just hold  the hat switch to pan  around.

Tried  the op's  airports and found no issues  only  at kord for my case

Reverted back to  dx9   and still had  the issues  at KORD

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Steve: AI traffic has been turned off. I haven't tries uninstalling the libraries but I will do so.

This is the same exact issue described by the poster above. Again, the only remedy is turning down the scenery complexity slider. So it has to be some airport building object chasing the stutter. Not lights, runway, water, or anything else.

The other poster reports it one airport only KORD and in DX9 as well as DX10.

You could try enabling missing texture alert - if you run the toolbox its an option in the fsx.cfg screen.

Looks like it may not be DX10 causing the issue. I tried reverting everything back and I still get the stutters every 4 or 5 seconds. I have no idea what caused this. 

I also completely deleted my fsx.cfg and started fresh (no tweaks) and still got the same stutters at either JFK or LGA. 

The other poster reports it one airport only KORD and in DX9 as well as DX10.

Hi Steve I solved my stutters  in Kord, which was easy enough since  found out  in the fsdt forum where I should have checked first,   there is  a sticky on this  about  dx10 and  dx9 issues with the Runway lights at kord and  its a simple fix. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg