Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Fiber Accelerator for P3D is out

FWIW, here's results of a quick test I did: CS777 @ JFK, ASN (BKN055, 10SM, -RS), ORBX Global/Vector:

W/O FA= 14-15fps in VC

With FA= 20-21fps in VC

Low target was 24/35 in sim.

While this did not make it completely smooth the improvement was there and I was able to takeoff and fly out over NYC rather nicely until I ran out of VAS (ugh). No fault of FA of course. 

More testing to do.

Thanks,

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Good to hear others get some improvement. Unfortunately, for me it doesnt do anything noticeable, I'm afraid.

I tried different settings, for frame rates varying from 20/35/60 down to 15/25/30 (and the 20/30/40 in between of course), also for the AGL settings, from 5k/10k down to 1500/3500 and did it both on a heavy loaded system that already dropped my frame rate down to 10-12, up to what I normally run and from there tried to increase some settings and every test on two different airports, one with quite some workload and one where my FPS is already higher, but the numbers stay the same as what I'm used to without Fiber.

Too bad, I really hoped this could give me 1 or 2 extra cloud layers, but I guess my setup isnt flexible enough to make this happen.

I hope others have better luck, like Greg. :)

Cheers!

Maarten

It's working great on my system.

P3D is set to 60 FPS.

Lower in FA is 18 till 1500 ft.

Middel in FA is 25 till 6000 ft.

Very smooth and no jitters.

Download the demo and try for yourself.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just got an e-mail to try Fiber Accelerator for P3D - have to check this out

Let's see how this plays out....

Luc, thank you very much for clearing that up. So my expectations were just too high. Will give FA another chance.

Greg, try adding the line FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 to the [MAIN] section of your Prepar3d.cfg and see if you have the same fps gain without FA. I always use this tweak (increases fps when fps are limited, seems to have no effect when fps are unlimited) and never had problems with blurry textures in P3D.

Ralf

Greg, try adding the line FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 to the [MAIN] section of your Prepar3d.cfg and see if you have the same fps gain without FA. I always use this tweak (increases fps when fps are limited, seems to have no effect when fps are unlimited) and never had problems with blurry textures in P3D.

Ralf

Thanks Ralf: Indeed, FPS up to 18-20 from previous 14-15 after adding that line. Interesting...

This CS777 is way too VAS hungry to draw a solid conclusion, but, I'm not yet seeing the benefit in P3D that FA gives me in FSX. Flew the IRIS CRJ with no issues but even without FA perf is good. Off to find another power hungry a/c that won't OOM on me. 

Thanks,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

FYI Guys needs to be told if this does not work out for you - you will have to rebuild your P3D.CFG file as it leaves a revised version after I un-installed it - had a backup and it proves it does change things - as it was a no go for me I did a new rebuild all seems fine - just a warning to those on the fence 

Rich Sennett

Thanks for that Rich.

Goodmorning all,

be advised .. we are watching the topic. We would be more than happy to read feedback and opinions as always.

When will you make it available on Simmarket?

RE Thomason Jr.

Made my ten test flights. All kinds of in game settings, scenery and aircraft.

Unfortunately I haven't noticed any effect that cannot also be achieved by the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 tweak. At least, it seems to have done no harm.

Ralf

Made my ten test flights. All kinds of in game settings, scenery and aircraft.

Unfortunately I haven't noticed any effect that cannot also be achieved by the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 tweak. At least, it seems to have done no harm.

Ralf

Then for you the best is to stay with what you already have.

For me it gave extra smoothness and more fps in detailed scenery.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I hit it with one of the most difficult situation I could think of...

FS Dreamteam Vancouver CYVR RWY 26 at Dusk

ASN: CYVR 011734Z 08060KT 2SM +RA OVC030 OVC070 OVC120 24/16 Q0995 RMK EDITED WEATHER

UT2: 100% Commercial 70% GA

Aerosoft Airbus A319 Set for T/O Config

REX +Orbx GlobalTextures

ORBX Northwest Region Active

Needless to say non flyable prior to fiber accelerator at about 9-10fps

Launched Fiber Accelerator and set the lower fps slider at 15fps and upper/mid at 30fps saw no immediate improvement

Taxied down the runway then back taxied to starting point giving the app some time to do it's thing.  I'm pretty sure it was trying it's best as I saw the P3d internal fps counter switch from locked 30 to unlimited.  I picked up a few fps as well but cant say I ever saw a steady 15fps. Perhaps I was pushing it too hard but the read me said to "give it the worst" 

How long does the application take to do it's internal calculations and adjustments in the background?

Probably need a bit more experimentation under difficult rather than impossible settings to see if it's worth it to me .  My initial impression is why should I bother with another external application when I can simply lower a few sliders myself and/or find better conditions to fly in? 

I like the concept a lot;  just not sold on it at the moment.

RE Thomason Jr.

I tried it, and found it did not add benefit for P3D v2.4, as it did on my system and in-sim settings, for the older graphics engine of FSX.  Your M.M.V.