Sign in to follow this  
Paulvanuf

Differences between PMDG and IFly NGX on P3D?

Since the PMDG is declared 'broken' on P3D elsewhere on this forum, I would like to know the differences between the ifly and the pmdg?

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Vc10man, did you delete your reply?

I can see you replied, but I can't see the message...

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Paul, as regards P3D, the iFly is currently able to be purchased/supported by the commercial arm of Flight1.  PMDG has yet to have any product released/supported for P3D.  Your question is therefore moot.

Since the PMDG is declared 'broken' on P3D elsewhere on this forum, I would like to know the differences between the ifly and the pmdg?

Differences are thst Ifly support P3D already and PMDG not yet.

Let me refrase...I am fully aware that the PMDG is not yet available on P3D. In that way my topic title is misleading...

I am willing to buy the the NGX iFly, but uncertain in comparison with the PMDG version.

In the meanwhile I read some reviews. And everything is fantastic, realistic.

Well, I thought I might ask the forum members who have experience in flying the iFly and the PMDG version...

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Eh... I used ifly in fsx, I didn't like it.. Sorry just felt cheap... For lack of better word. If I never had PMDG then maybe I wouldn't know the difference .. But yeah ifly I wasn't impressed ... Feels like there is something missing .

I did manage to install and successfully use the better one in p3d (test purposes) ;) but I'm awaiting official version.

I too though of ifly but from my experience in Fsx I just tried and tried and trued to get the better one working and I did. The only problem I have is sun reflections don't really look very good on it but again it's not meant for p3d but I can deal with it. If you used PMDG in FSX I don't think you will like ifly in p3d, wait for official or try the one you have there are some videos explaining how to solve the tcas problem and I got everything working here as I did my test install ;)

Andy

I purchased the iFly NGX for P3D. I had a real issue with frame rates. For $79 you would have thought they would have optimized it for P3D. I took advantage of the refund.

NAX669.png

I have both versions for FSX and the IFly also for P3D, The IFly737NGX is much better than the PMDG version which I never fly now. Added to that is the most helpful and friendly support forums you will find within the Flightsim community.  Any drivers that you may need to connect external hardware are also supplied free. Buy it, you will not be disappointed. No problem with frame rates for me.

William

Let me refrase...I am fully aware that the PMDG is not yet available on P3D. In that way my topic title is misleading...

I am willing to buy the the NGX iFly, but uncertain in comparison with the PMDG version.

In the meanwhile I read some reviews. And everything is fantastic, realistic.

Well, I thought I might ask the forum members who have experience in flying the iFly and the PMDG version...

I would wait for PMDG version - from what I have heard IFLY is hard to get setup - terrible on fps - I had fsx version - I think I used 4 times - if you cant wait then you better have a great pc otherwise you might be wasting a lot of money but hey there might be a 30 day refund as it is a flight1 product so look into that

Rich Sennett

I used the Ifly in FSX and had about the same fps as with the PMDG version which I used too.

No problems setting it up and the Ifly can be used with the PMDG tutorials, beside the already existing Ifly tutorials.

Later I switched to the IFly Cockpit Builders Edition for FSX and recently to the Ifly CBE for P3Dv2.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

So far one of the main differences, to me, is being left out.  The textures in the ifly do not hold a candle to the PMDG NGX.  The ifly 737 has cheap textures and there is not nearly as much eye candy as the PMDG.  Systems wise it is solid, but to me there is no comparison... I will be picking up the PMDG NGX the moment it hits the website.

Hmm a lot of differing opinions here Paul. Flight 1 still offer their 30 day refund with no questions asked so you should just give it a try. Like Gerard I now run the IFly Cockpit Builders Edition.

William

Some differences:

• iFly offers more variants in the base package, PMDG they are extra
  • PMDG has a better HUGS that is collimated
  • PMDG has better cockpit textures
  • iFly was made to interface to external hardware a bit easier that the PMDG, the cockpit builders edition takes it to the next level but this is an additional $500 or so - PMDG has nothing to compare to this it can on run on 1 PC 
  • iFly has a working WX radar if using ASN
  • PMDG has more realistic lighting (i.e more zones , more functional dimmers etc)
  • PMDG has slightly more systems modeled (I think)
  • iFly has a 2D panel if thats your thing