Sign in to follow this  
Paulvanuf

Differences between PMDG and IFly NGX on P3D?

The iFly 737 hands down. You get the full product range from the 600 to BBJ's.

The iFly can fly RNP AR type approaches and an arc with it....something quite remiss in the PMDG product.

The support is ongoing and the product is kept up to date. It flies like it is on rails.

It's never left in the virtual hangar for long and is my go to aircraft for shorthaul jet flying.

Cheers

Steve Hall

The fact that this is always a highly opinionated debate should clue you in as it's up to the pilot. You can't lose either way. 

I purchased the iFly NGX for P3D. I had a real issue with frame rates. For $79 you would have thought they would have optimized it for P3D. I took advantage of the refund.

Respectfully, Milk, but that is pretty much meaningless without knowing your system specs, which you appear to have neglected to post.

Chas

The fact that this is always a highly opinionated debate should clue you in as it's up to the pilot. You can't lose either way.

Sorry Osiris, but for those of us on fixed incomes, a choice like this is loss ridden if the wrong choice is made...

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chas

Sorry Osiris, but for those of us on fixed incomes, a choice like this is loss ridden if the wrong choice is made...

Chas

You don't have a wrong choice to make.

Respectfully, Milk, but that is pretty much meaningless without knowing your system specs, which you appear to have neglected to post.

Chas,

I'm not sure why my computer specs no longer appear to the left. Here they are:

• Processor
    I7 2600K
  • Processor Cores
  • Processor Speed
    4.6GHZ
  • RAM
    8GB
  • Video Board Manufacturer
    EVGA
  • Video Board Model
    EVGA GTX770 4GB
  • Video Memory
    !GB
  • Mother Board
    ASUS P8P67
  • Hard Drives
    3, 1SSD, 2 mechanical
  • Monitor
    23in. 1920x1080
  • Operating System
    Windows7
  • Joystick
    Logitech Attack3
  • Yoke
    Saitek
  • Rudder Pedals
    Saitek
The iFly 737 is the only aircraft I've flown in P3D that I've had a major problem with. The only other one would be the Captain Sim 777. The OP asked for experiences and I gave him mine.

NAX669.png

Chas,

I'm not sure why my computer specs no longer appear to the left. ...

...The iFly 737 is the only aircraft I've flown in

I messed up! ....didn't see them when I tapped your profile...they ARE there.... And gratifyingly enough...you have "MY SPECS" ...so we can be twinsies and compare sh*t...

...sorry for that

...not really...

By the way, I was advized by one of the senior members, that the reason that the specs are no longer underneath our icons is because it was causing a real system slow down… As I mentioned back to them, I would much prefer to see that data even if the system is slower… How about you?

I digress...

Mike, You just saved me a bundle!..

..I am NOT buying the IFLY737!

I do love my NGX, when I can get it to run!

To those looking, compare, you will NEVER, EVER, find a 737 better made, more in depth, more a "study aircraft", more "real as it comes", than the PMDG NGX....AND I will give away my 24" 1080P Monitor to anyone who can present definitive evidence to the contrary. Rob, our stalwart steward of all things P3D, will kindly adjudicate.

...bottom line, you have to do the research I have and look at the videos I have and listen to FrugalPete the way I have an tuns of other sources to be able to understand how secure I am in my opinion.

Do your due diligence or just plain believe me. I suggest former, cause I've done the legwork....and now Mwilk fills in the last gap & convinces me to wait for PMDG's P3D 737 NGX.

Since my wife just heard me dictate this on my iPad, she said I sounded hostile and arrogant... I absolutely disagree with the former and absolutely agree with the latter.

Regards,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

There you have it, another passionate simmer for their 737 of choice. There is a thread that discusses ifly 737 in P3D performance as it seems fps locked at around 20+ .

Hi,

I would like to thank you all for your opinions. It is great that you all took the time to elaborate on the subject.

I know now that it is a close call for flying. At least that is how I take it reading the posts. System depth and the 'looks' are other points to consider.

Mmm, don't know what to do yet. 

Price as mentioned by mr. Randazzo ('...less then 200 bucks...') could become a problem though...

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Hi,

I would like to thank you all for your opinions. It is great that you all took the time to elaborate on the subject.

I know now that it is a close call for flying. At least that is how I take it reading the posts. System depth and the 'looks' are other points to consider.

Mmm, don't know what to do yet. 

Price as mentioned by mr. Randazzo ('...less then 200 bucks...') could become a problem though...

Here's the link on the FPS issue with P3Ds Ifly, I imagine PMDG will overcome the 20fps barrier.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439558-ifly-737-for-prepar3d-v22/page-2#entry3060591

BTW I read today that I am breaking the EULA with trying to fly the PMDG.

So that definitely solves the problem which NGX to fly in P3D...

No more PMDG flying... Sh*t.

Anyway thanks again.

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

BTW I read today that I am breaking the EULA with trying to fly the PMDG

Yes, and they are...lemmseeeeee....according to my SpankYouForFlyingNGXInP3D calendar.....due at your door this Monday at 10 AM...so be sure to bend over and say "Please Ma'am, May I have another???"

Chas

Sorry Chas.

Didn't mean to offend any PMDG-P3D simmer.

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD