Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

FSPS P3D Fiber Accerlator; We have to repurchase?

I bought the FSPS FSX Fiber Accelerator just 3 months ago for $32.95.

I got an email from the developer announcing the P3D version...for another $36.97.

The FSX version was purchased through FS PilotShop, but when I log in I see nothing about P3D. It's only being offered on the FSPS store for now.

Does the FSX key work with the P3D version? Or are we expected to buy it again?

Maybe you wont be asked the full price  but just a licence fee  or so just like when users switched from fsx to p3d  using  rex 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

no nothing as discount or offer is scheduled. The two applications share only a similar interface. On the "back" everything is different as P3D v.2 is - actually - a new simulator. If it was that easy we would had it published the day FSX version was published, too.

Kind regards,

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Reminds me of Ifly 737. Discounted for 10 days ( if I remember correctly ) Then charging $79 for a P3D version.  This hobby is becoming too expensive now, time to go fishing i think.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Try playing  golf  Julian :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Try playing  golf  Julian :P

If you knew what my handicap was Pete, you would suggest fishing LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Lol   guess stick with fishing

Peter kelberg

hmmm if it's so different how come Orbx, Carenado and Aerosoft let you fly in both without buying over again? Even Milviz has the small fee for the other setup program.

While I'm flyin FSX.. I'm not going to purchase anymore from these companies that want to 'double charge' you for their products.. Like you said the hobby is too expensive as it is... They Money Gouging is starting to draw me away from this Genre..

It should be just an update fee of about $5 to $10 for the upgrade at most. Once I have the PMDG 737 for P3D V2.4 that will be the end of the money spending on FS except for ORBX Regions when they are on sale and Airports from the top dev. Given the number of addons and there cost in this hobby there is now way that I pay the full retail price for any addon that I have already purchased for the ported version to the next incarnation of basically the same sim. Really the taps are turned off even on P3D V2.X because unlike FSX P3D V2 is not going to be around stagnant for the next 8+ years. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a 64 bit P3D V3 this time next year and I am not going to be dropping $50 a month on addons like I used too until I know for sure getting the 64 bit recompiled version of an addon I already have will not be full purchase price again! Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for an upgrade (up to about 30% of the retail price at the time of the upgrade would be acceptable to me) but if you feel like you are being gouged. Guess what: Your being gouged!

I think that this is the first FSX addon that I have seen where the dev. is charging those who already have the FSX version, the same for the P3D V2 version as those who didn't purchase the FSX Version.

If all it takes is a little reprogramming to convert then maybe no or very little charge.

If it takes a large amount of reprogramming to convert then maybe a full charge.

Maybe a discount for previous owners. 

It should be just an update fee of about $5 to $10 for the upgrade at most. Once I have the PMDG 737 for P3D V2.4 that will be the end of the money spending on FS except for ORBX Regions when they are on sale and Airports from the top dev. Given the number of addons and there cost in this hobby there is now way that I pay the full retail price for any addon that I have already purchased for the ported version to the next incarnation of basically the same sim. Really the taps are turned off even on P3D V2.X because unlike FSX P3D V2 is not going to be around stagnant for the next 8+ years. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a 64 bit P3D V3 this time next year and I am not going to be dropping $50 a month on addons like I used too until I know for sure getting the 64 bit recompiled version of an addon I already have will not be full purchase price again! Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for an upgrade (up to about 30% of the retail price at the time of the upgrade would be acceptable to me) but if you feel like you are being gouged. Guess what: Your being gouged!

I think that this is the first FSX addon that I have seen where the dev. is charging those who already have the FSX version, the same for the P3D V2 version as those who didn't purchase the FSX Version.

A2A is all over re-charging full price or more depending on what version you have of p3d.. So I'm done buying a2a for FSX..

I have to quote myself...

If it was that easy we would had it published the day FSX version was published, too.

It took us 4 months to do it instead. Well you can figure out if it is the same thing or something new... Some say P3D and FSX is the same. Well for scenery or some aircraft designers this can be the case. Playing with the graphics IS NOT.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

A2A is all over re-charging full price or more depending on what version you have of p3d.. So I'm done buying a2a for FSX..

When A2A Released the C172 for the P3D V2 they gave FSX license holders the opportunity to Get I think a $50 refund for there FSX license when they purchased the P3D V2 license for about a week I think after it was released. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I wouldn't buy Fiber for P3D. Just saying I am glad I didn't buy it for FSX. From here on in I only buy P3D V2 addons and for reasons I already mentioned very few at that!

Reminds me of Ifly 737. Discounted for 10 days ( if I remember correctly ) Then charging $79 for a P3D version.  This hobby is becoming too expensive now, time to go fishing i think.

Can I join you, Julian, having just bought P3D, pondering was it worth it if this is the scenario? I'll bring the bait!!

When A2A Released the C172 for the P3D V2 they gave FSX license holders the opportunity to Get I think a $50 refund for there FSX license when they purchased the P3D V2 license for about a week I think after it was released. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I wouldn't buy Fiber for P3D. Just saying I am glad I didn't buy it for FSX. From here on in I only buy P3D V2 addons and for reasons I already mentioned very few at that!

Then you are lucky, you're not 'wasting' money... I only own FSX.. dont' know if I ever would go to P3D or not.. But I'm surely not going to spend premium money on products that are not going to work if I ever made the switch. A2A has a premium price tag, and that is fine, because their have a premium product.

But then to screw the customers who 'later' make the switch.. that is not a way to treat your customers, when other competitors in the market are not doing the same kind of gouging. Now if they offered separate installer, all the time at a lower price that would be fine. Like Milviz.. A 'limited' refund is a joke, for anyone who is still on FSX currently.

It sounds like the product that this topic about is 'totally' different in the back end, and if that is the case then a full price is fair.

But from what we've seen from other vendors on scenery and aircraft, we know, that isn't the case with those, so in that case it is not proper.