Sign in to follow this  
hiway

Removing unwanted aircraft

Is there a clean way to delete aircraft that I no longer will fly from FS9? I'm thinking of default as well as freeware addons.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul, it's not always wise to delete aircraft from FSX/FS9, as some are used for AI and so forth. Much better IMO to simply disable them so they don't show up in the aircraft menu. To do this just go to the aircraft you want to disable, in FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/ and add _OFF to the panel folder so  'Panel' becomes 'Panel_OFF'. That's how I do things.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Howard is right, dont delete the default aircraft. Some addons alias panels and the like to the default a/c.

If you you want to delete a/c you have added yourself, remove the folder from the FS9 aircraft folder, or run the uninstaller if it is a payware product

Peter Schluter

To do this just go to the aircraft you want to disable, in FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/ and add _OFF to the panel folder so  'Panel' becomes 'Panel_OFF'. That's how I do things.

That certainly might work for FSXers, but since this is the FS2004 forum, I've got to press the buzzer on your answer ...... BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

What you should do is Google a program called AirEd and open the .air files you find in the folder of the default aircraft you want to remove with it. Change the aircraft type field to 2 and save... That reclassifies the plane as not player flyable, so it won't show up.

Another program, similar to what ematheson has recommended, is:  FS Aircraft Typer  - FSAT

I've used it for years to reclassify "flyable" or "non-flyable" aircraft (which show up or don't show up in the menu).

gwillmot

That certainly might work for FSXers, but since this is the FS2004 forum, I've got to press the buzzer on your answer ...... BUZZZZZZZZZZZ

Same thing in FS9, the folder is just different (FS9/Aircraft instead of  FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/ )

Same thing in FS9, the folder is just different (FS9/Aircraft instead of  FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/ )

"Same thing only different".  You can't use that ......... it's mine ...... been using it on my wife for years!

"Same thing only different".  You can't use that ......... it's mine ...... been using it on my wife for years!

???? What on earth are you talking about. What Rockliffe posted (changing the panel folder to panel_OFF) will work in FS9. 

Does anyone have a sense of humor in here anymore?  Sheesh!  If I have to explain them ....... well ......

Panel=OFF doesn't remove the aircraft. It just disables the panel rendering the a/c unflyable by the user.

It's quite simple to delete a/c. Just delete their folders. You don't even have to run an uninstaler. But as has been said don't delete any of the default a/c.

So to summarize:

1.  Addon aircraft - just delete the folder (freeware) or use the uninstaller (payware)

2.  Default aircraft - use Air Ed or FSAT to modify the AIR file so they no longer appear in the Select Aircraft menu.

Hope this helps,

Panel "anything" doesn't work in FS04, only FSX. Editing the .air file is what is needed.

Panel "anything" doesn't work in FS04, only FSX. Editing the .air file is what is needed.

Wrong it does work in FS9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I put panel=OFF in the a/c cfg I don't see a panel when I load the a/c!

Wrong it does work in FS9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I put panel=OFF in the a/c cfg I don't see a panel when I load the a/c!

Oh, BTW a FS plane can fly without a panel.

And seeing that this ENTIRE thread is about removing planes from FS04 your panel edits will not accomplish this.