Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

ORBX Global 1.30 and Vector 1.20 Winter..Wawa, Ont. Bravo! Bravo!

Wow.....wow..and another wow..

I thought to just take my first flight of this morning, out of Wawa, Ontario, Canada to check out the new and better hydrology metrics for Canada with Vector 1.20.  I was surprised to see that P3D v2.4 had me at Winter...but thought it was being driven by weather conditions supplied by ASN.  Well..no matter...I turned on the carb-heat...and took off out of Wawa (custom scenery). The first pic shows the take off...and view to the east.  Wawa sits just off Lake Superior, and is a most beautiful destination to camp (black flies pretty much wipe out June, into the first week of July...past that, you are good to camp, kayak, play the guitar, hike...drink beer, play the guitar...you know the camping routine...), but back to  the view...

Orbx and Pilots'....CONGRAT'S!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The frozen water from Vector 1.20 is so real looking, that you see snow sections upon the blue-white ice of the water bodies...I mean, too good to be true!  What an amazing view...with DSR also churning it out!

ORBX and Pilots..."Bravo!!!"  (hands clapping hard)  Absolutely, "Bravo!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to stop the sim, and go get a jacket, it is that real looking.....WOW!:

These shots are just off the coast and over Wawa Bay, upon Lake Superior.  What a magnificent job Orbx and Pilot's have done...I can't WAIT for OpenLC North America to finish this out...but until then....THIS is what you see...and it is verbatim!    Thank you, Orbx...thank you Pilot's....thank you!  I have along with nVidia's  gift re: the DSR driver, never had better flight simulation in my entire life!  I present to the viewer,...  beautiful, and cold, Lake Superior, in the Winter...

Added a few more pics, as I fly south down the coast of Superior, towards Sault. St. Marie

They were 8,9, and 10    ^_^

Post Edit:  "I wonder if you can LAND on that ice...hmmmm...only one way to find out....."....

I know exactly what you mean.Also in FSX

----------------------------------------

Isn't this just fantastic?   Wow!   Yep...head down the coast towards the 'Soo'......it looks real...even when you get to 'Old Woman Bay', at Batchawana. Just about 20 miles north of the Sault....  I am LOVING this...brings back great memories....and BTW, I like that plane you are flying!  :lol:

Wow Mitch great shot and find I did not know this have to give it a go - take care

Rich Sennett

I'm flying up around Calgary today and it looks like hard winter.  What's it really like right now?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm flying up around Calgary today and it looks like hard winter.  What's it really like right now?

Not sure, but there IS 5-8 inches of snow forecast for the Wawa area....

I just landed at the 'Soo'...and what a great run down the coast.  The new frozen water, new coastlines, new hydrology metrics, roadway metrics...Canada....you look GOOD!

I wonder if frozen, means frozen, or...is there a point (depth or temperature reported of water, that the graphics are driven by that...for instance, open water meets frozen ice layer.  Probably not..but would that be so cool to see that!   If not...then I'll have to download a U.S. Coastguard Ice-Breaker.... :P

Wow Mitch great shot and find I did not know this have to give it a go - take care

Thanks Rich...and er....slip a jacket on, before you take off.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... :rolleyes:

Thanks Rich...and er....slip a jacket on, before you take off.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... :rolleyes:

Will do Mitch going to put a screenshot together a bit later :) take care pal - great find

Rich Sennett

Gregg, I found that P3D v2.4 certainly does take into account what the temp is...regardless of the date.  I flew up at Wawa this morning, and was met with Winter. I just flew (in real time and current date) near Detroit...and it is still October/Fall.  That is cool!

Mitch

Gregg, I found that P3D v2.4 certainly does take into account what the temp is...regardless of the date. I flew up at Wawa this morning, and was met with Winter. I just flew (in real time and current date) near Detroit...and it is still October/Fall. That is cool!

Same thing happened near Calgary.  CEJ4 was green and nice.  CEN4...some 30 miles north was in the dead of winter.  I didn't check the temps tho.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm flying up around Calgary today and it looks like hard winter. What's it really like right now?

We had some snow this past weekend so there's still some lingering around but far from being hard winter at the moment. More snow on the way Sunday into Monday so come fly the frozen skies around YYC then.