Sign in to follow this  
PatrickM

Set XXXX on the Transponder

Haven't found it in the manual so I like to request it.

Another thing: there is currently no way to get the landing lights on if we don't trigger the "descent checklist to the line" (which doesn't make sense to read the standard pressure back if we fly in Europe because the transition level is most time below FL100)..

Haven't found it in the manual so I like to request it.

Landing lights should come on at 10,000 feet.  Run the Approach Brief.  That will also put FS2Crew into descent mode.

Transponder:  We can't access it via code.  It's a tech limit with this plane.

They don't come on FL100 unless you command the descend checklist to the line above the transition level (you readback the standard pressure - a bit senseless, don't you think?) and finally when you call for the descend checklist below the line (again: we're still above the transition level)..

For flights insight europe its a bit useless but fine for america..

They don't come on FL100 unless you command the descend checklist to the line above the transition level (you readback the standard pressure - a bit senseless, don't you think?) and finally when you call for the descend checklist below the line (again: we're still above the transition level)..

Run the Approach brief... that will put FS2Crew into Descent Mode... that should solve your landing lights issue based on what you described.  You won't have to run the Descent Checklist in that case.

And besides, you should be calling for the Descent checklist right after you've started the descent.

So I tested it now twice: run the approach brief -> FS2Crew now in descent mode -> passing FL100: nothing happens..

From the Dash8 manual:

Descent checklist:                                           <- thats should be the "descent checklist to the line"

Pressurization   -   set

GPWS flap        -   as required

Approach briefing   -   completed

FL100*                                                             <- completely missing

Landing(approach/flare)   -   on

Approach checklist:                                         <- that should be the "below the line" command

Altimeters   -   set

etc

*Flight level means: we still use the standard pressure (1013hpa) because we still above the transition level

You did it correct in the 737 but wrong in the Dash8 because you use the american model which doesn't work in europe airspace

All I ask is to make the descent checklist to the line to the approach checklist.

The descent checklist below the line is the "real" descent checklist and should come up first - than the approach checklist.

Sorry, my mistake.  The lights come on when you call for Below the Line (Descent Checklist), not necessarily when passing 10,000 feet.

We followed Colgan's SOPs, an American airline, to the letter.

In a future update, we'll add your option.

Best,

We followed Colgan's SOPs, an American airline, to the letter.

That's the problem, Bryan. This version of FS2Crew has to much airline specific operations. That's why I said your version works very well for flights in america - but not in europe.

Thank you in advance!