Sign in to follow this  
BMagann

Pro-ATC-X Update Looks Imminent.

Their forums are down, and they said they would close and be re-set just before the update was released. I guess they are on target for tomorrow as planned.

- Bill Magann

Or not. They pushed it back another week.

- Bill Magann

I'm looking at getting back into flying my pmdg 777 and 737, are the updates proatc x going to put this product ahead of other atc programs out there? Currently have voxatc and don't feel like buying another atc program unless its going to be a leap forward for my experience. 

Nobody can say.

Currently the version is buggy and development was ceased this year.

Now they announce an update with many features and fixes, should be released today. Yesterday they said it is postponed for a week. Now at the forums they say they release it today ... nobody knows.

I hope also this is a big (and very necessary) step forward, but I do not trust them before I have seen it.

And after that, it depends if and how the support is going on there.

In your case: just wait, be patient and see several weeks.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea I'm waiting to see the final results of this myself.

Skeptical to say the least.

:Raised Eyebrow:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hello!

Just wanted to stop by and relay latest info from the forum. The release is planned for today evening/tomorrow morning based on the timezone where you are located.

As always, there is an if. I and many others are currently doing testing for the final version. If there is a MAJOR problem. The release will be postponed.

@Daveo: BTW we found a bug in ProATC's ASN integration during testing and it should be fixed in the release version.

Hello!

Just wanted to stop by and tell, that the release is planned for today evening/tomorrow morning based on the timezone where you are located.

As always, there is an if. I and many others are currently doing testing for the final version. If there is a MAJOR problem. The release will be postponed.

@Daveo: BTW we found a bug in ProATC's ASN integration during testing and it should be fixed in the release version.

You are using the latest 5410 build correct?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

You are using the latest 5410 build correct?

I tried to say, that the bug was in ProATC and now fixed. Only effected couple of airports.

Thanks for the info. Really looking forward to using the new version. Well done to everyone involved, I can imagine effort.

Jason Jackett

The latest news is, that a glitch was found during last minute testing.

The good news: it will be fixed before release. The bad news: The release will be delayed.

Can someone refresh my memory ... is ProATC-X the product that uses Text to Speech process?

Cheers, Rob.

No. You have to punch a key to communicate with ATC. Lots of options.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Can someone refresh my memory ... is ProATC-X the product that uses Text to Speech process?

Cheers, Rob.

You're thinking Pilot2ATC.

No. You have to punch a key to communicate with ATC. Lots of options.

Best regards,

There is no menu driven function at all for communicating with ATC?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

There is no menu driven function at all for communicating with ATC?

It has similar menu driven approach as the default FSX ATC, but a bit different.

Once airborne, I let the ProATC co-pilot handle the radios and confirm ATC's instructions. By doing so, I don't have to click any buttons or open any menus (unless I want a different approach than the cleared one and so on).