Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Your longest day of travel by plane?

Probably CYVR-CYYZ-LFPG. Left the gate at around 9:30 AM PDT (~1630Z) and parked at the gate at LFPG at around 9:50 AM CET (~0850Z), making for about 16 hours of gate to gate time. Not to mention the time at the airports at both ends.

33 hours. NZWN-NZAA-YSSY-WSSS-EGLL-EDDM. Left about mid afternoon in NZ time, then late afternoon local time out of Sydney then chased the sunset across Australia.

I was so weary, I fell asleep with my head against the window DURING the takeoff roll out of Singapore, then woke up with a jolt as we were coming back overhead the city a few minutes later. I'm not sure I have ever missed a takeoff until that one, but man was I tired. (Plus, you know, free booze in the lounge at WSSS...)

Waking up again due to turbulence over Afghanistan and seeing the landscape under a full moon rates as one of the most amazing things I think I've ever seen, then keeping pace with the sunrise all the way from Warsaw into Heathrow - what a way to come to Europe!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

27 hours w/delays and my 5 year old son. ESSA-LFPG-KATL-KFLL.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png