Sign in to follow this  
The_avionics_guy

Opusfsx resets spot view?

hi

i'm wondering if is there a possibility to prevent opusfsx to reset spot view.Every time i use virtual cockpit view then i switch to spot view, the view reset to the default spot view ( camera behind aircraft ).

with fsx default virtual cockpit views the view remains the same if i cycle between VC and spot view.

thank you in advance

Getting the same problem since about a week ago not sure what changed. Definitely to do  with OPUS as it works fine with default keys

Jose De Campos

London

You might be confusing the spot view with the Opus custom external aircraft view, which does default to behind the aircraft. The Opus custom view is essential as that's the only way external views can be controlled. The VC, 2D, and custom views are the only views that can be controlled, that is have the eye point changed.

Best you create the views you need and switch between those, far more versatile than relying on the default FSX views. But you can still use the defupaukt FSX views. As mentioned above though, the eye point in the 'actual' Spot Plane view cannot be adjusted by any external program ... hence its not possible for Live Camera to alter or adjust the eye point of any such views.

Stephen :-)

hi stephen

thanks for your quick reply

i'm not confusing the default spot view with opus external aircraft view.I have 5 opusfsx VC views with their assigned keyboard shortcuts.For instance, i switch to the spot fsx view ( let's say the camera is facing the aircraft nose), when i press one of assigned key to go to the cockpit then when i return to the fsx spot view, the camera resets to its default value and i the camera is showing the tail of aircraft ( i'm not confusing the opusfsx external aircraft view).

It's  not a big problem and  i can live with it .In  addition I've found a turn around,i assigned a key to the default virtual cockpit view,and to go between fsx spot view and my opusfsx view i must use  the assigned vc key to return to virtual cockpit then i can use my opusfsx Vc views .This way the fsx spot view is not altered .

thanks for your support Stephen

That's Ok, thanks for the report. I can't say I've really noticed anything like that but I don't use any of the standard 'other' FSX view modes. I only use Live Camera views and now of course the Panning Sequences I have created. As I mentioned, the software actually cannot control or alter the eye point in Spot Plane view mode, nor the Tower View etc. it's simply not possible as FSX does not allow it. FSX only allows software to have control over the eye point in cockpit and custom views. So I have no idea why FSX should change its spot plane view initial position. I thought you were referring to our external custom view because that does initialise the eye point to the rear of the aircraft. Interesting observation though.

You should try the new Panning Sequences in OpusFSI, to create some nice panning shots for yourself.

Stephen :-)

Thx stephen

Is not a big problem for me, Any ways i'm planning to upgrade to opusFsi, because its new features seems to be very interesting to me.