Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

P3D on disc

Hi all, as I think I already know the answer, but is it at all possible to get P3D Academic on disc as the download being 30gb way to much for me to download or I'm stuck with fsx which is at the moment running as good as I think fsx can run but would like to give P3D a go.

Chewrs Rod.

Not going to happen from my point of view.

:(

Jim

Hi all, as I think I already know the answer, but is it at all possible to get P3D Academic on disc as the download being 30gb way to much for me to download or I'm stuck with fsx which is at the moment running as good as I think fsx can run but would like to give P3D a go.

Chewrs Rod.

10.6 GB actually which is quite managable these days.

I thought I read 30gb on the P3D website? but as I'm completely mobile living on a sailing cat, (yacht) I don't have that much of a monthly download, may have to try and screw down the provider for a better deal.

Cheers Rod.

Only 8gig per calender month of data download from my service provider.

Rod.

Are you docked where it's possible to receive mail? Perhaps some kind soul would burn a DVD and mail it to you. The "license key" is sent via email, so with that and the installer you should be good to go.

My Verizon plan has a 10GB limit, but fortunately for me I don't use any of it at all, having high-speed from Comcast here in my home/office.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's ok I'll sort some thing out I'm sure but thanks for the idea ng.

Cheers Rod.

Use freedownload manager.  It will allow you to resume downloads.  It's the best, and it's free.

If you message me your address, I'll mail it to you just to get rid of some of the DVDR's I have laying around.  Or maybe some old Flashdrives.   I'll send the broken up files.  Well, provided you're in the US, or postage is reasonable.

You may be able to go to a library or college somewhere and they might help you get it to disk or flashdrive.  Or even hook up directly with a laptop, or smartphone somewhere.   Knowing generally where you are I might have ideas right away.

Are you docked where it's possible to receive mail? Perhaps some kind soul would burn a DVD and mail it to you. The "license key" is sent via email, so with that and the installer you should be good to go.

My Verizon plan has a 10GB limit, but fortunately for me I don't use any of it at all, having high-speed from Comcast here in my home/office.

I'd totally do it - the thing is, the download is in the "protected" area of the website, thus I'm not certain I would legally be allowed to distribute the file, even if it requires activation.

sig01.png

I certainly appreciate the offers and ideas chaps (adelaide, australia Denali) could somebody please confirm the download size for the academic licence, I'm sure I can find a solution.

Rod.

I am surprised that you are in Australia and have limited access.  I had a project partner in Australia 20 years ago, Adelaide in fact, and they were on 100mbit fiber already, said they were pushing it out all over the country.  I am very aware that the US is in fact behind, even kind of primitive in some aspects, compared to other "first world" countries.  But these are first world problems.  

In spite of the fact that I almost designed their house for them, I haven't communicated him/them (he married an American from Philly and dragged her out there) in decades, or I'd have him get them for you.

They have a single file for download, or (without looking) it's broken into 10 files of about 1GB each, IIRC

As we all know there is always plenty of new products, updates etc, etc to download for our hobby and do frequently use all of my 8gig allocated data so I probably do need to upgrade to a larger package so off I go to the telstra shop for a better deal.

Thanks again Rod.