Sign in to follow this  
akmatov

How to dampen the yaw in the c310R?

Just purchased the c310R and am already very pleased with it.  However, I hate the yaw to the left which requires constant attention and adjustment.  I understand this is a realistic modeling of the real aircraft's flight behavior, but I'd like to 'realistically' model having installed a yaw damper.

Is there something in one of the .cfg files or elsewhere that could be tweaked to accomplish defanging this behavior?

Honestly, no there is not. The way the real aircraft is flown is to adjust the rudder trim just enough to offset the yaw. A workable alternative is to slightly reduce thrust of the left engine until the yaw is removed.

In the sim, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+D to enable the yaw damper.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In the sim, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+D to enable the yaw damper.

You just spoiled a good post Bill :lol:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Actually Ron, Bill was being helpful.  And high-end autopilots have yaw dampers, so what's the problem with his helping a newbie?

Actually akmatov, Bill explained how the 310 should be flown and how Milviz made it accurately, in that it doesn't have a high end AP. Then, in my view, spoilt it by giving gaming tips. Treat this as a simulator, fly the various aircraft as they would be in real life, OR have lots of 'helps' and remain a newbie. Your choice I guess. 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.