Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Problem with autopilot or fmc?

Hello, I just recently started flying with the pmdg 747 and for the most part I have figured the basics so that I can make a flight and land. However on a recent flight I encountered a strange problem. So I decided to fly from Kbos to Klax I got my fuel and payload info from fsbuild and entered it into the pmdg menu. I programed the fmc like I usually do. I set the cruz alt to FL370 in the legs page it showed the correct altitudes next to the waypoints in the legs page and I set the altitude on the AP to the same. I tookoff from kbos and engaged Lnav and Vnav however the plane leveled off at FL270 and held that altitude. Any ideas what I did wrong.

I know the 747 cant always reach higher altitudes in the begining of long haul flights do to weight of the fuel. Plus I have takenoff with much more fuel

on longer flights and been able to reach higher altitudes.

Thanks.

Jason Thiers

Any ideas what I did wrong.

Where are the MCP altitude window set? My guess is FL270. The FMC cannot override what you've set in the altitude widow on the MCP.

Kyle Rodgers

Yep, what Kyle said or you've set a cruise altitude of 270 in the CRZ page of the FMC and then dialed 37000 on the MCP.  Just push the knob and that will reset the FL in the CRZ page to what's set on the MCP.

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me