Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

DSR heads up

By now, we flight sim fishies should know better then to snap immediately at the latest miracle-cure hook, but I was bored and had nothing better to do, so I set up flight using the latest Nvidia drivers DSR mode and have to say its not bad.

Not even nearly a miracle cure, but image quality was quite noticeably enhanced while Flight  retained a nearly rock steady 60fps at 3840x2160 and a 16.9 aspect ratio.

The sim handled the new mode surprisingly well, which is to say that the super-shrunken menus this new mode can cause in other applications appeared to be automatically corrected in flight.

I did have to turn "sharpness" to "low" to maintain those frames, but not much was lost, and even with sharpness on, flight only drops to 30fps with all other settings maxed.

Something new to play around with.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nothing special.

DSR-Factors 4.00x (native resolution)

DSR - Smoothness 33%

Everything else pretty much standard.

As I said, I was just poking around.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nothing special.

DSR-Factors 4.00x (native resolution)

DSR - Smoothness 33%

Everything else pretty much standard.

As I said, I was just poking around.

Devon, in your case, I think DSR isn't worth much being that you have a high resolution monitor to begin with. It is for fishies like myself who run at 1080p resolutions or less, where DSR excels the most.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Devon, in your case, I think DSR isn't worth much being that you have a high resolution monitor to begin with. It is for fishies like myself who run at 1080p resolutions or less, where DSR excels the most.

Actually my monitor is 1080p, its just that 3840x2160 is the resolution I choose in settings within the sim.

Devons rig

Not sure flight really needs DSR as it already has pretty good AA, but if your system can handle it, why not?

Devons rig