Sign in to follow this  
AJLedbetter123

P3D Crashing V2.4

Evening All,

I don't know what's happened but P3D won't even open anymore, nothing has changed, I've tried to reinstall P3D but won't load. I click the icon, it opens the splash screen but the goes..

No error message, I have no idea, anything I could try?

Search the CTD sub forum here for start up crashes. Almost always, one of the configuration files is corrupt. The other possibility is that the FLT file from your previous P3d run is corrupt. Test the latter by editing these lines in Prepar3d.cfg:

[uSERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=< whatever your previous FLT file was>
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0

to 

[uSERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1

The first line will reset your sim to the P3d default flight. The second line will bring up the sim in the scenario window, so you can manually change aircraft, location, etc..

If this doesn't work rename Prepar3d.cfg and let the sim rebuild the configuration file. If that works, you have a setting in that file that is messing up the sim. Lastly, of both of those approaches fail to get P3d to start, rename DLL.XML and see if that helps. This post is just a shorthand response explaining how to troubleshoot start up issues, but you're better off posting your question in the CTD sub forum. Firehawk, the moderator will walk you through what you need to do.

Search the CTD sub forum here for start up crashes. Almost always, one of the configuration files is corrupt. The other possibility is that the FLT file from your previous P3d run is corrupt. Test the latter by editing these lines in Prepar3d.cfg:

[uSERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=< whatever your previous FLT file was>
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0

to 

[uSERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1

The first line will reset your sim to the P3d default flight. The second line will bring up the sim in the scenario window, so you can manually change aircraft, location, etc..

If this doesn't work rename Prepar3d.cfg and let the sim rebuild the configuration file. If that works, you have a setting in that file that is messing up the sim. Lastly, of both of those approaches fail to get P3d to start, rename DLL.XML and see if that helps. This post is just a shorthand response explaining how to troubleshoot start up issues, but you're better off posting your question in the CTD sub forum. Firehawk, the moderator will walk you through what you need to do.

Well as it stands my .cfg is completely blank. I delete it, it does rebuild but the .cfg is blank. Nothing inputted

Just to double check .. the correct name is Prepar3d.cfg

Check its "properties"

What is the date, time and size of the file?

How long did it take to do the install?

Do a screenshot of your e.g.  F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder.

I would like to see the file  names ... dates etc.

Did you do a complete Uninstall prior to reinstalling .. no issues with your license key ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Even after a clean install the P3D.cfg is blank, nothing at all :/

The config will not have anything in it until you start up P3D at least one time. Then the config will be built. If you cannot startup P3D, then you will have no config (and that's normal). Make sure you have Microsoft Visual 2010 installed as it uses that. Without Microsoft Visual 2010, P3D will not start up.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just to double check .. the correct name is Prepar3d.cfg

Check its "properties"

What is the date, time and size of the file?

How long did it take to do the install?

Do a screenshot of your e.g.  F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder.

I would like to see the file  names ... dates etc.

Did you do a complete Uninstall prior to reinstalling .. no issues with your license key ?

Yeah everything seems fine with license, it activated but it just crashes..

The config will not have anything in it until you start up P3D at least one time. Then the config will be built. If you cannot startup P3D, then you will have no config (and that's normal). Make sure you have Microsoft Visual 2010 installed as it uses that. Without Microsoft Visual 2010, P3D will not start up.

Best regards,

Ok, yeah that sounds right - I attempted to install Microsoft Visual 2010 but it does say I have a newer version.

You did not do the Patch ?? correct?

Did you check the "checksum" of your 10GB download to verify it was good before installing?

Best Regards,

You did not do the Patch ?? correct?

Did you check the "checksum" of your 10GB download to verify it was good before installing?

Haven't done any patch and the 10GB downloader is the one I've used since I had the software, installed fine, ran fine, installed Airbus X A320 and UK2000 Jersey, then it wouldn't open, uninstalled them, removed all the directories etc, still wouldn't load, then I did a reinstall to remove all P3D and still won't load..

So basically the installer I have is the one I used to first install which did install fine..

"ran fine, installed Airbus X A320 and UK2000 Jersey, then it wouldn't open"

Ok, now I see better what happened.

Best Regards,

"ran fine, installed Airbus X A320 and UK2000 Jersey, then it wouldn't open"

Ok, now I see better what happened.

Oh no, this doesn't sound good - What's the problem and is it fixable? 

I do not have  Airbus X A320 or UK2000 Jersey.

My thought would be to check with them and P3D support to verify how to properly uninstall ... including folders, files or modified files (like DLL.xml) and registry entries which may containing statements that need to be removed.

Reboot PC and install P3D again.

Your Windows Event Viewer will also contain the Module Name that caused your oriiginal failure ... from whatever date that was ... it keeps many days worth of failure other data.

Best Regards,

My thought would be to check with them and P3D support to verify how to properly uninstall ... including folders, files or modified files (like DLL.xml) and registry entries which may containing statements that need to be removed.

Your Windows Event Viewer will also contain the Module Name that caused your oriiginal failure ... from whatever date that was ... it keeps many days worth of failure other data.

After looking through my even view log the only problems that occurred are it being unable to create a restore point..

Looking through the registry I don't see anything now relating to the above addons, all main files were removed, installed onto separate hard drives and drive formatted, along with the %appdata% files removed and so..

I've also dropped a thread on the Aerosoft forums regarding the Airbus X along with P3D, see they know the cause..

Edit: Also, if I open event viewer now and load P3D, it doesn't show in the event viewer. No crash error, no information error, just nothing.

If you want to re-install P3Dv24 first reboot, then uninstall, reboot, re-install. Otherwise you run into activation problems. See also pinned post above. If you have already re-installed w/o uninstall, you have to contact LM

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

If you want to re-install P3Dv24 first reboot, then uninstall, reboot, re-install. Otherwise you run into activation problems. See also pinned post above. If you have already re-installed w/o uninstall, you have to contact LM

Harry

These are the steps I had already followed to reinstall my product..

Reading through the pinned topic it doesn't say much than most people already know, I uninstalled my product though the control panel, restarted computer, installed, and then restarted computer..

Am I missing something?