Sign in to follow this  
AJLedbetter123

P3D Crashing V2.4

"According to Aerosoft the A320 isn't compatible and they don't know a fix"

Well, at least you got the confirmation from Aerosoft.

But the WHY did it cause such a problem on your system?

Just wondering, how did you do the A320X (or was it A320X Extended? I get confused with all the Busses types) installed into P3D?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

"According to Aerosoft the A320 isn't compatible and they don't know a fix"

Well, at least you got the confirmation from Aerosoft.

But the WHY did it cause such a problem on your system?

Just wondering, how did you do the A320X (or was it A320X Extended? I get confused with all the Busses types) installed into P3D?

Yeah, the 'WHY' is what I wanted to know but I wasn't given an answer..

It was the Airbus X Extended upon installed it gave you the prompt window to choose P3D

Why is Aerosoft giving you the prompt window to choose P3D if it (Airbus X Extended ) is not compatible with P3D?

I see on the Aerosoft sales page this one should be ok:

Airbus A318/A319 (FSX+P3D)
System requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (V2)

Best Regards,

Why is Aerosoft giving you the prompt window to choose P3D if it (Airbus X Extended ) is not compatible with P3D?

I see on the Aerosoft sales page this one should be ok:

Airbus A318/A319 (FSX+P3D)

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (V2)

That's my point, I don't understand..

Reading through though I see the Airbus X Extended A320/A321 is compatible with P3D but it doesn't specify 'V2' where as the new A319 series does say 'P3D V2' which is what I think you've found..

The sales pages for all vendors (e.g. SimMarket and other sites) should specify exactly which version / versions of P3D works with the specific aircraft model being purchased.

P3D v2.0 and 2.1  or V2.xx (all versions) e.g.

Some purchased software cannot be refunded $$ after download ... so it is possible to get stuck with a $$ loss.

Best Regards,

The sales pages for all vendors (e.g. SimMarket and other sites) should specify exactly which version / versions of P3D works with the specific aircraft model being purchased.

P3D v2.0 and 2.1  or V2.xx (all versions) e.g.

Some purchased software cannot be refunded $$ after download ... so it is possible to get stuck with a $$ loss.

Yeah I totally agree, I think that's fair for the customer - For example some people could interpret that 'P3D' means it works in all versions.

I think it's something they should look into when advertising - Another thing quoting from Aerosoft

"Hi,

the Airbus X Extended is not P3Dv2 compatible, so please uninstall it again.

Apparently we can't support it. For some it may work, for others not."

Why can't they support it, for what reason? The new Airbus they've release works with P3D V2 apparently?

I would also add:

The installer should check your current version of P3D and if not compatible with the purchased addon product  .. do not allow installation and give the user a message saying which version you do need prior to installing.

Best Regards,

Yeah that's so true, I don't see why it doesn't check the compatibility of what you're currently running like most software does.. 

If the installer had the feature I would of saved all that hassle..

That's a really good read! I think it's something suppliers should look into and giving the EXACT requirements to the customer.

I also do have a purchased version of MyTraffic - Have you been able to get it working?

This is what I currently have ' MyTRAFFIC X PROFESSIONAL 5.4C FOR FSX'

"MyTRAFFIC X PROFESSIONAL 5.4C FOR FSX"

I have that also and I purchased the Upgrade for P3D ............ But, the P3D version is only "compatible" with P3D v1.4

Currently I have P3D v2.4 ........... how many pilots who purchased P3D do you think are still on P3D v1.4 now that several versions of P3D v2.xx are released?

That's basically why I posted in that previous link I had you look at.

SimMarket sales page says for MyTraffic P3D .............. it should say MyTraffic for P3D v1.4 ONLY (or what ever it is actually compatible with!).

"Have you been able to get it working?"

No, I am using default A1 in P3D V2.4 until MyTraffic has an Upgrade and product installer for P3D V2.4.

Best Regards,

"So as it stands the versions of P3D we have won't work with 'My Traffic'?"

Correct ..

Won't work and are not (officially) supported.

Best Regards,

"So as it stands the versions of P3D we have won't work with 'My Traffic'?"

Correct ..

Won't work and are not (officially) supported.

Well that's a let down!!

I think I'll have to get Ultimate Traffic 2;

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449212-ultimate-traffic-2-in-p3d-v23/

This seems to be the only 'functioning' AI traffic addon that works, I can't say about 2.4!

Do you a working AI traffic addon for P3D 2.4 yet?