Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Anybody Else Planning to Get the Upcoming CLS DC-10 HD?

I'm SUPER stoked about this one.  I'm looking forward to this more than anything.  Been checking the CLS website daily. 

It was supposed to be released Summer 2014.  It's delayed, but, a few weeks ago they said they're doing final testing.  I'm guessing it's going to be released any day now.

I still fly the old CLS DC-10 in FS9 regularly.  Pretty good external model with ancient graphics in the VC, but I just love this beautiful older lady.  It handles beautifully for a "lite" model.

Now that it's coming to FSX in HD, I just can't wait.  Together with the TSS sound pack, I think this one is going to rock real hard!

Who's getting this add on?

Hey Groovin, I agree with you. CLS's models and textures always of high quality, and the DC10 just does it for me, just love flying this bird, an extremely well looking plane. Going to watch their space with hawk eyes...

Yeah, their work this past few years are looking better and better.  Probably THE company for those who enjoy "lite" models.

I remember watching one of my aviation DVD's with the DC-10 a few months ago and thinking to myself, wouldn't it be nice if a good one came out.  And here we are :good: .

If it has the *Lite* mode with the FSX default GPS navigation -- I'm a buyer!

I remember going to Hawaii several times on a CO DC-10 with the *Pub*, pop corn, and Pac Man for a cocktail table!!

I bought the box version several years ago and liked it for the most part. The only thing I didn't like about about it was the VC lights at night. I didn't care for the only option being the red glowing color, so I hope they changed that.

I have to say that, based on their 742 "V2", definitely won't be getting the DC10 "V2".

Just not "V2" enough in my opinion.  :smile:

I bought the box version several years ago and liked it for the most part. The only thing I didn't like about about it was the VC lights at night. I didn't care for the only option being the red glowing color, so I hope they changed that.

You can turn on the panel lights.  I don't use the red flood light.

I can't find anything on an update to the DC10.  Can someone point me to the web page?

Commerciallevel.com  Check under "In Development".  A few members here are checking their facebook page.  More up to date than their site I guess since they said they're on the final stages of testing.

I have to say that, based on their 742 "V2", definitely won't be getting the DC10 "V2".

Just not "V2" enough in my opinion.   :smile:

No way.  This one is going to be superior to the original.  The VC in the original DC-10 is pre FS2004 graphics.  Probably one of the worst looking VC, but the plane flies beautifully and the external model is super.  Even the version 1 of the 747 is light years ahead in terms of VC graphics.

I'm getting it as soon as it comes out I have been a very big DC-10 fan I fell in love with the design of the plane and not mention reminds me of my first flight to Hawaii on the Continental airlines DC-10 from Newark airport will never forget that trip this v2 should have a new virtual cockpit and updated model details system wise I don't expect anything but I'm happy its finally coming out.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I'm getting it as soon as it comes out I have been a very big DC-10 fan I fell in love with the design of the plane and not mention reminds me of my first flight to Hawaii on the Continental airlines DC-10 from Newark airport will never forget that trip this v2 should have a new virtual cockpit and updated model details system wise I don't expect anything but I'm happy its finally coming out.

Same here.  I fell in love with the DC-10 after seeing it for the first time and it was also my first long haul flight when I was a kid.  Garuda DC-10-30 YEAH!

Torn here. I liked their MD-81. I bought the 742/3. Externally, looks great. Sounds awful (fixed with sound sets). Manual talks systems up a bit more than I can see in it. Not as good as the MD IMO. I hope the DC is better than that.

I'll probably get it eventually and suffer short term buyers remorse. But it will be good for screenies.

Mike

If you're into lite models, it should be alright I would think.  I'm just expecting the same system simulation and handling as the original but with much improved graphics.  So anything else I would consider a bonus.  Though I'm quite certain it will be more in-depth than the original after flying their later planes.  The DC-10 V1 is old but still my most used aircraft lol.

I think most of the people purchasing this add on are DC-10 lovers that just want to fly an updated version, even though the system simulation may be light.  Would be nice if it features the "select a flap" setting found on McDonnell Douglas planes.

Even the version 1 of the 747 is light years ahead in terms of VC graphics.

Erm, ok.    Every opinion counts.  :smile:

Erm, ok.    Every opinion counts.   :smile:

Just asking, do you even have the original DC-10?  I understand that the V2 of the 747 is not up to your standards, but if you don't see a huge difference between the VC in the 747 and the DC-10, then I guess your opinion counts too :smile: .