Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Anybody Else Planning to Get the Upcoming CLS DC-10 HD?

You can turn on the panel lights.  I don't use the red flood light.

I haven't used the DC-10 in a while, so I just tried it out and realized something - the panel lights don't work. If I turn them on, nothing happens. The flood lights are the only thing that works and I can't stand that red glow. To compare, I tried out the MD-81 and both the panel and overhead lighting worked great.

I haven't used the DC-10 in a while, so I just tried it out and realized something - the panel lights don't work. If I turn them on, nothing happens. The flood lights are the only thing that works and I can't stand that red glow. To compare, I tried out the MD-81 and both the panel and overhead lighting worked great.

Hmmm.  Could it be a driver issue?  I also have the boxed version.  Here's a pic.  It's from FS9.  I've deleted it in FSX because I switched to DX10 and this one won't work properly in DX10.  But I get the same result with the panel light in FSX.  This is without the red flood light.

dc-10_zps1caa9327.jpg 

It could be the driver. I have a similar issue with the Milviz plane, but that plane is rendering lights in a completely different way. And I don't have lighting issues with any other plane, other than the DC-10. 

I would be fine with it if the lights looked like that picture.

Anybody else see the updates on their FB page?  New shots, including the VC.  This is looking really good! 

I have a vanilla FSX install with Steve's DX10 Fixer waiting just for this baby.  I'm also excited about seeing what liveries are included and knowing CLS, their livery expansions.

The wait is so painful ha ha ha!

It could be the driver. I have a similar issue with the Milviz plane, but that plane is rendering lights in a completely different way. And I don't have lighting issues with any other plane, other than the DC-10. 

I would be fine with it if the lights looked like that picture.

Yeah, something is definitely not right.  If you purchased a download version, you can try re-downloading.  Maybe it was a corrupt download.  Or you can try to contact CLS.

Anybody else see the updates on their FB page?  New shots, including the VC.  This is looking really good! 

I have a vanilla FSX install with Steve's DX10 Fixer waiting just for this baby.  I'm also excited about seeing what liveries are included and knowing CLS, their livery expansions.

The wait is so painful ha ha ha!

Yeah, something is definitely not right.  If you purchased a download version, you can try re-downloading.  Maybe it was a corrupt download.  Or you can try to contact CLS.

Hi Groovin I check almost everyday for a release date its driving me nuts! lol  but cls is not saying much the vc is looking good been waiting for new DC-10 for many many years I was hoping and sill do for captainsim to do it since they have such amazing talent in modeling and textures but Im really excited to finally have in updated DC-10 love that bird. 

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

CLS really need to update the gauge graphics, and they need custom fonts. Those gauge graphics are ancient and they look terrible.

an amazing thing in these addon was the native INS inside, so there is no INS panel in the HD version...

I'm so disappointed 

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Groovin I check almost everyday for a release date its driving me nuts! lol  but cls is not saying much the vc is looking good been waiting for new DC-10 for many many years I was hoping and sill do for captainsim to do it since they have such amazing talent in modeling and textures but Im really excited to finally have in updated DC-10 love that bird. 

Tell me about it.  Their site still says it's going to be released in the summer of 2014 lol.  But delays with FS add ons is something I'm used to.  They're also working on an A380.

I wouldn't be surprised if CS decides to make one.  They seem to have a thing for the classics.

CLS really need to update the gauge graphics, and they need custom fonts. Those gauge graphics are ancient and they look terrible.

I thought the gauges look pretty good.  Still way better than the previous version with a little extra polygons and some wear and tear.  Maybe things will still get better as they continue work on it.

an amazing thing in these addon was the native INS inside, so there is no INS panel in the HD version...

I'm so disappointed 

We don't know that for sure yet.  In order to get INS on the original DC-10, you have to download it.  I think they will include INS because the 747 and DC-10 V1 had it.

Keep in mind that the add on is still in development and CLS are staying pretty quiet about it.  They may surprise us with some new stuff later on when it's ready for release.

I thought the gauges look pretty good.  Still way better than the previous version with a little extra polygons and some wear and tear.  Maybe things will still get better as they continue work on it.

IMO They're very far behind the competition (e.g. Captainsim, Enigmasim/Qualitywings, Milviz, Coolsky etc.) in terms of VC graphics fidelity. This is quite odd as their MD-80 was pretty good graphics wise. It's almost as if they didn't care as their 747 v1.5 wasn't very good either.

Please compare the CLS DC-10 screenshots to this - currently Captainsim is the best in the business in terms of VC graphics with 3D gauges and texturing, and the 707 was released 3+ years ago.

ZdbQY3K.jpg

IMO They're very far behind the competition (e.g. Captainsim, Enigmasim/Qualitywings, Milviz, Coolsky etc.) in terms of VC graphics fidelity. This is quite odd as their MD-80 was pretty good graphics wise. It's almost as if they didn't care as their 747 v1.5 wasn't very good either.

Please compare the CLS DC-10 screenshots to this - currently Captainsim is the best in the business in terms of VC graphics with 3D gauges and texturing, and the 707 was released 3+ years ago.

ZdbQY3K.jpg

Oh yeah, I see what you mean.  Everytime I see the CS 727 VC, I feel like buying the add on.  That will have to wait because I'm very tight on $ right now.

Yeah, the MD-80's VC is great.  I noticed the new DC-10 and 747 gauges have a very sleek and clean look to them as well, but I think it's still much better than the original DC-10.  That one has one of the worst looking VC.  I'm so happy to see a fresh one coming.

I guess it's a huge jump for me because I normally fly FS9 99% of the time.  Just this past week, I've slowly been getting back into FSX in DX10 and I'm really enjoying it.  I'm going to keep this install as clean and close to default as possible.  I'll only be adding airplanes and ai.  FSX just runs so good on my PC when I don't mess with it by adding all kinds of add ons.

I'm not really a fan of CLS. The last few addons I have seen lacked the realism I want to have.

I don't think the DC-10 is going to be very realistic. Or will it be?
Can someone confirm?

747HD is exactly the same as the original ---> arcad

don't expect more of the DC-10 

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

CLS make "lite" models.  They're just a little more complex than default airliners.  Even though their planes are light, they handle very well and you get a sense of the weight of large aircrafts.  The handling is something CLS is known for if you check out online reviews. 

I have downloaded from another flight sim site some newer livery textures from Aviationlovers that have some higher texture realism features for CLS DC-10. Enjoy this particular aircraft but as others pointed out the VC is lacking.