Sign in to follow this  
steve00961

Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP Extreme Edition

Hey people hope you all well.

Just a quick question, will be upgrading from a 560ti to the 980. The Zotac has caught my eye even though i was going to stick with either Evga or Gigabyte. How do people rate the Zotac as i have never looked at this manufacturer before.

Many Thanks

I had a ZOTAC once it was OK for FSX

Not as pretty as EVGA and its the heat sinks that might prove different

Due to the unprecedented unavailability of most 980s, the ZOTAC is just about the only one available at a lower price

Thanks for that. i am looking at the Evga to which has a base clock of 1266 but noticed the Zotac has a base of 1291, not sure if that will make a huge difference.

I have had the zotac 980 AMP for about two weeks and I am happy with it.  I have good fps in both FSX and P3D with FTXGlobal and PMDG NGX.  I don't think I'm finished tweaking yet, though.  I ended up doing a full reinstall of FSX and P3D in order to establish a baseline.  Heat levels are very low and fans are very quiet.  Just couldn't wait for the EVGA or Gigabyte versions and I am satisfied with the Zotac.

Jeff Callender