Sign in to follow this  
nudata

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION

Wow, impressive results. Definitely have to try this one out. I wonder how it would work in FSX...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I'm stunned by the difference this makes. Even on my very modest system I can now run object density very high and maintain 25+ FPS. In heavy areas like SoCal I did notice a little autogen popping but nothing terrible. I'll take it!

Chris

I'm stunned by the difference this makes. Even on my very modest system I can now run object density very high and maintain 25+ FPS. In heavy areas like SoCal I did notice a little autogen popping but nothing terrible. I'll take it!

You locking your FPS?

Also, you running 0.001 or 0.01

I tried 0.0, seems to be better than 0.001.

So I am staying at locked 24 with 0.0 for a while. No blurries.

Edit: In fact I a able to push LOD at Max and Complexity to Dense without issues.

You locking your FPS?

Good Q. Please post your FTFF and locked framed/un-locked settings too.

You locking your FPS?

I think I have it locked at 33 and I've only tried 0.01...from reading, I think if I go any lower, the autogen popping may become an issue.

Chris

I tried 0.0, seems to be better than 0.001.

So I am staying at locked 24 with 0.0 for a while. No blurries.

Edit: In fact I a able to push LOD at Max and Complexity to Dense without issues.

Good Q. Please post your FTFF and locked framed/un-locked settings too.

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.0 - That's interesting, and locking it at 24FPS is giving you smooth performance, and panning around?

What kind of addons are you running to test your FPS with the FFTF?

I think I have it locked at 33 and I've only tried 0.01...from reading, I think if I go any lower, the autogen popping may become an issue.

When you get chance, could you let us know the difference with it limited and unlimited?

Im getting an eventual OOM with this 0.01

While running what kind of FPS are you reading before the OOM occurs?

What addons are you running?

When you get chance, could you let us know the difference with it limited and unlimited?

Unlimited = bad on my system (i5 @ 2.8-ish and GTX 770)...stutterfest. Not optimistic it would be any better with this tweak, but I'll give it a shot and see what happens. But the fact that I'm getting a significant performance increase on a comparatively slow system is what makes this so very satisfying :yahoo:

Chris

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.0 - That's interesting, and locking it at 24FPS is giving you smooth performance, and panning around?

What kind of addons are you running to test your FPS with the FFTF?

Its pretty smooth. My basic testing is with FSXMark11, only FTX Global+UTX is running with this.

I did few landings, both night and day, with CLS 747 at FlyTampa Dubai. It was as smooth as it could get. At these time Opus FSI was additionally active for weather/cameras and AI traffic at 50 with optimizer. So the Airport was pretty much loaded.

Panning is ok. Too fast and you might see tearing. That's the only drawback I can see with 24 FPS.

I'll try unlocked next.

Edit: The OOM issue needs to be checked though. I am 3.4GB VAS after landing.

Unlimited = bad on my system (i5 @ 2.8-ish and GTX 770)...stutterfest. Not optimistic it would be any better with this tweak, but I'll give it a shot and see what happens. But the fact that I'm getting a significant performance increase on a comparatively slow system is what makes this so very satisfying :yahoo:

Yeah such a simple tweak can make such an improvement for some people, it's amazing

Its pretty smooth. My basic testing is with FSXMark11, only FTX Global+UTX is running with this.

I did few landings, both night and day, with CLS 747 at FlyTampa Dubai. It was as smooth as it could get. At these time Opus FSI was additionally active for weather/cameras and AI traffic at 50 with optimizer. So the Airport was pretty much loaded.

Panning is ok. Too fast and you might see tearing. That's the only drawback I can see with 24 FPS.

I'll try unlocked next.

Edit: The OOM issue needs to be checked though. I am 3.4GB VAS after landing.

With FSXMark11, are you able to screenshot the results?

Yeah that's what I was thinking about 24FPS, it can at times causing a few more problems then you'd like.. But as you said it's smooth..

Yeah such a simple tweak can make such an improvement for some people, it's amazing

With FSXMark11, are you able to screenshot the results?

Yeah that's what I was thinking about 24FPS, it can at times causing a few more problems then you'd like.. But as you said it's smooth..

With 0.0 and unlimited the autogen does not even bother loading! That right - zero autogen!

What should I screen shot? The results are in xls.

Edit: The unlimited/0.0 results:

Min  Max  Avg

16     41      25.542

Note the wide variance in min and max.

With 0.0 and unlimited the autogen does not even bother loading! That right - zero autogen!

What should I screen shot? The results are in xls.

Edit: The unlimited/0.0 results:

Min  Max  Avg

16     41      25.542

Note the wide variance in min and max.

That's crazy, so regardless you've got to have 0.0 and locked FPS.

I wish I hadn't clicked this topic - you've got me tweaking the cfg which I promised myself I wouldn't do!

Will post results tonight.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

As Duke already pointed out it depends on your system and Display sliders.

If you want to go with FFTF=0 then you have to lock the FPS. in my case well below the average FPS. 24 FPS worked for me with FFTF=0.

However I prefered to keep my FPS unlimited and in that case FFTF=0.01 yeilded the highest FPS with minimal impact on image quality and autogen.

For example FFTF=0.10 and FFTF=0.01 yeilded virtually indistinguishable image quality however FFTF=0.01 provided a significantly higher frame rate.

See my graph in post no8. FFTF=0.01 is about 10% better in terms of FPS than FFTF=0.10

On my system even locking the FPS at 24 with with FFTF=0, I regularly saw autogen popup and Blurred textures coming into focus but all my scenery sliders are fully to the right. So it depend on your system and slider setting which FFTF value and FPS setting is best for you.

you've got me tweaking the cfg which I promised myself I wouldn't do!

I wouldn't worry about, its the only Tweak that I have used in a year of P3D V2.X. I have been fiddling with FFTF since V2.0 and its really effective:-)