Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

FlyTampa-Copenhagen Released

I think the custom city and surrounding textures are worth the extra $5 over just an airport for $30. The difference is a cup of coffee, so it's not significant in my opinion.

It looks great from the small time I've spend exploring it.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

So you think paying only  35 $ is too much,  than I say its cheap compared to filling up your car with fuel now days or  going to the shop and buying  beer :P   and I agree with the above poster is well worth the extra 5  or so dollars

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Most of FT's airports are $30-35

I don't think anybody should be surprised by this. Orbx prices for addon airports with surrounding scenery are very similar.

Well if they stay at that price I won't be buying. I already have a EKCH so I'm not desperate.

Ray, to be honest I don't remember any FlyTampa or PMDG discounts during last year. Even at Black-Friday-super-discount-season, when almost all developers offer bigger or smaller discounts (btw. I'm waiting for next Black Friday at the end of this month B)). A few weeks ago SimMarket offer FlyTampa Athens with discount but it was exception to the rule. If you are non EU resident you are stiil on better position. EU citizens pay FlyTampa price + VAT...

PMDG doesn't interest me. But most scenery companies offer discounts from time to time. Maybe so many people pay inflated prices to FT they can recoup their costs quickly so don't need to have sales. Yes, I saw the Athens discount but that airport is quite old.

I wish I was a non-EU resident but the discussion on a referendum is for another day (and place)! :BigGrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Cant see your point here since you already paid  for 3 ekch  and now your waiting for  a discount to compensate for the other  3  purchases :Thinking:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Been waiting for this a long time! Bought it & I love the airport, the city I could do without, the install size was >4GB...ouch! & today is Copenhagen Tuesday on Vatsim hope to see you there :Peace:

Looks like nice work but since I rarely fly there and already have the Scansim version I will skip this one for now. I think I've only flown there like 3 times in two years since buying the version I have now so it wouldn't make sense to buy another one. I'd rather buy the new Palm Springs from ORBX that's coming out soon.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Again, anyone willing to figure out VAS usage? You know, its so sexy these days to know the exact value of every add-on being thrown at our faces...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Yes...

With Fly Tampa EKCH, Orbx Global Base and the PMDG 737 NGX I have 500-600 Mb free VAS.

Normally I use the Denmark scenery and Aerosofts ""Oeresundsbroen", but needed to de-activated them to prevent OOM with the Ngx.

I also needed to change the Fly Tampa EKCH settings as follows:

Scenery Objects:

Apron Light Effects: On

Windsock animation: On

Vegetation:

Autogen trees: On

Apron detail: Min

Parking vehicle density: Normal

Animated Jetways: Random gates

Animated AESLite Traffic:

Apron: On

Oeresundsbridge: On

So as You can see that with the Ngx You get rather low on VAS, performance though is Ok taking the detail into consideration. I have appr. 16-20 FPS with the Ngx.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Looks like nice work but since I rarely fly there and already have the Scansim version I will skip this one for now. I think I've only flown there like 3 times in two years since buying the version I have now so it wouldn't make sense to buy another one. I'd rather buy the new Palm Springs from ORBX that's coming out soon.

I'm really looking forward to Palm Springs:

This is a great time to be a Flight Simulator X enthusiast. The airports that are being developed and released are jaw dropping! Devs like FlyTampa & FTX get it. They support FSX, P3D, and P3D v2.4. They will also need our support if they are to continue to develop these amazing airports.

I'm also fond of sales and great deals, but I'm also cognizant not to forget the big picture. If it wasn't for these creative people, we would not be able to look forward to an airport like FTX KPSP.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

With Vidan Sonderborg, Bornholm and Aarhus this opens up for some fantastic Danish domestic ATR flights! :D Stunning!

P.s now we only need good ATR

Vidan Sonderborg looks amazing! Why haven't I heard of Vidan design until now? Thanks to this thread I will be losing about $100 this week!

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

Again, anyone willing to figure out VAS usage? You know, its so sexy these days to know the exact value of every add-on being thrown at our faces...

I get about Finn's numbers for the VAS (slightly less, maybe); keep in mind I still have 400 MB in VAS to gain(!), as I could disable my photoscenery (except for VFR Germany, probably).

I get about Finn's numbers for the VAS (slightly less, maybe); keep in mind I still have 400 MB in VAS to gain(!), as I could disable my photoscenery (except for VFR Germany, probably).

Not to blame either PMDG or Fly Tamps, but I think it´s about time that developers of both sceneries and aircraft starts to consider their products VAS footprint.

Part of the problem is that we, as customers, demand more and more - more detail and higher resolution.

Problem though is that none of us will be happy with both aircraft and sceneries that drains all available VAS, just because they like to make exactly their product shine - the loosers are the customers.

Bear in mind that measuring VAS right after You loaded Your aircraft into a certain scenery, the VAS reading will not tell whether Your safe or not.

Consider starting in Dubai for a flight in Your PMDG 777 to Copenhagen.

You have a ton of mediterreranian and German addon airports installed that You will fly near.

As You fly along the route, FSX will start eating VAS. It is true that VAS might also increase as some scenery parts are unloaded.

Probelm is just that FSX is not very good at unloading everything and thus VAS usage will increase.

While You might have 500 mb VAS when freshly loaded into Copenhagen, doing flight from Dubai over serveral airports and other scenery might mean You will end up with only 300 Mb once You land in Copenhagen, maybe even less and close to the OOM treshold.

One way to help this issue is to save Your flight once Your get near Your destination and then re-load that flight, since FSX seem to unload VAS when loading a flight.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home