Sign in to follow this  
Celis

Instruments Airspeed Indicator

Hey Maarten, I know you'r working hard on some networks issues.

I'm running SLX on Client and have no problem with it, only the airspeed indicator on the instruments tab is the one I havent figured out.. this is what i get, maybe I missed something.

Car 1900D

lhzBt.jpg

Mini

daWq.jpg

SLX Instruments and FreeFD on client..

i6uaR.jpg

Thanks

Hi Alex,

I'm indeed working hard on the networking issues. I found the error in the calculation of the rotation angle for the airspeed needle. It must have been very late when I wrote that piece of code :smile: . Fix will be included in the next version, I just need to finish the networking code so that it is in a testable state. BTW: did you know that there's also an 'Instrument only' view?

thanks for pointing out this issue,

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Alex,

I'm indeed working hard on the networking issues. I found the error in the calculation of the rotation angle for the airspeed needle. It must have been very late when I wrote that piece of code :smile: . Fix will be included in the next version, I just need to finish the networking code so that it is in a testable state. BTW: did you know that there's also an 'Instrument only' view?

thanks for pointing out this issue,

Maarten

Awesome, yes about the Instrument only view... have it all floating over 3 monitors in my client pc

forgot about to mention that in Map -> Simulator Tab, Wind button isnt working, or havent found where its displayed...

thanks again Maarten.

Hi Alex,

The wind indicater is a black triangle next to the aircraft icon on the map. Please let me know if it's not working.

thanks,

Maarten

Hi Alex,

Yes it shows wind speed and direction. I will have a look at it tomorrow.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Alex,

Wind indicator is fixed: it was a typing mistake in the icon file name. The same error was present in the EZdok world cameras layer.

thanks, Maarten

Installed new version on server and client, rebuild database in server and copied to client.

run SLXserver (on server) and SLX (client) ip good, port in server 11000 and I get left green circle, but cant connect to sim if I select the same port number on client. But if I go back to old port. I get 2 greens (different ports 9017 and 11000), then close slxserver and SLX still connected.

Airspeed needle doesn't move and didn't get the autopilot to work.  I get correct reading in SLX airspeed gauge (3 digits) but not from needle...

most likely I'm doing something wrong, its late, will do more test tomorrow.

The SLXserver its needed or its only for those with Network issues?

Because I didn't had any network problem

Thanks.

Hi Alex,

SlxServer is not strickly needed, but if you do not use it, starting Prepar3D from the client is not possible, starting programs on the server using the launch entries in the launch window does not work, switching FTX regions from the client does not work, launching FTX Central from the client does not work, the process monitor does not work and shutting down the server from the client does not work, so I would suggest you use SlxServer, let it run on startup and minimize it to the tray. It will not have any impact on the performance of the simulator when you leave it running.

Please install the latest version. The SlxServer port setting was missing in the Prepar3D settings (it was only present in the FSX settings).

As for the ports:

1. you need to set a port number for SimConnect in the SimLauncherX settings for Prepar3D on the client; this should be the same port number your entered in the SimConnect.xml file on the server
  2. no need to do anything with the SimConnect.cfg file on the client: the SimConnect.cfg file is used by other addons, but not by SimLauncherX
  3. you need to set a port number for SlxServer in the SimLauncherX settings for Prepar3D on the client; this should be the same number as the port number you enter in SlxServer and should not be the same as the port number you choose for SimConnect. The default of 11000 should work just fine
  4. The IP-Address you enter in SlxServer is the IP-Address of the server (i.e. not the IP-Address of the client) and should be the same IP-Address you enter in the SimLauncherX settings for Prepar3D on the client
  5. if you use a firewall, make sure that traffic on both the port numbers for SimConnect and SlxServer is allowed between your client and server computer

Let me know if you still cannot get it up and running,

Maarten

Hi Alex,

I made a stupid mistake: the calculation for the rotation angle of the airspeed indicator needle was fixed, but I forgot to enable the rotation itself, which I had set to a fixed value during testing. Sorry about that. A new version is available for you to download.

thanks,

Maarten