Sign in to follow this  
MEHMETERTUGRUL

Exhaust Gas Effect in FSX

This may be the last thing that should be considered, but I would like to ask that PMDG has any capability to model the exhaust gas for FSX? Is this related with the FSX or you?

Thank you for your kind attention :)

As long as they don't overdo it, like it is in X-Plane...

I would like it too as long as it is not at the expense of frame rate which I am sure it would be.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The "exhaust gas" effect is actually heat shimmer, and it's very, very finnicky. As far as its appearance goes, it depends highly on the atmospheric conditions. In my ten years of working on airport ramps, I have piles and piles of pictures that don't have it, and only a handful that actually show it. Since the sim doesn't really have a good approximation of atmosphere, it's tough to develop something to trigger an effect based on atmospheric conditions.

Kyle Rodgers