Sign in to follow this  
aaka

radar contact

Hey simmers..

I need help regarding radar contact for fsx. I posted this forum earlier but i got deleted.

I m confused regarding buying it or not. I mean is it worth buying it in replacement of default atc?

default atc has no problem but one. It does not allow me to follow my route from vroute.

Thts the only reason I m confused.

any suggestions will be helpfull

thanks guys.

This is by far the weakest link in flight simming yet.  ATC.  None of them are anywhere near close to perfect.  Each have their advantages and their drawbacks.

RC will not do SIDS/STARS on its own.  That's maybe it's biggest drawback.  You can get around this by building your flight plan with waypoints that are on the SID/STAR and RC will just think it's part of the route and let you go on your merry way.  Also, you can request "full" instrument approaches at your destination to avoid always getting radar vectors everywhere you go(if you'd like to fly published approaches).  It's also very "scripted" in terms of the overall flow of things as well.  But, so are most(all) others too as it's much too difficult to reproduce the chaos and variety you can get in real life.

It's the one I use though in the end.  But, I have not tried anything other than it and default ATC.  So, take that for what it's worth

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yh I agree with u klamal. Default atc sucks but not even rc is perfect. All I m looking for is an atc whic allows me to follow my plan generated in other flight planner other than default. And peppy is the one u mentioned matches my requirement?

ProATC-X is supposed to come out with its version V2 today or this week

better than RC which has not been updated in 5 YEARS

better than RC which has not been updated in 5 YEARS

Better in what way ?

Better in what way ?

many more options

nicer interface

not totally abandoned like RC

then again, I prefer Pilot2ATC at the moment as it uses Live_ATC feeds from loads of airports across the USA and is more adaptable en-route to changes

Guys can any one tell me where can i find start new topic option? i does not appear on the forums page

I have only tried RC. 

I fly FSX (and X-Plane) to LEARN about flying (and the enjoyment derived from that obviously), from a technical aspect and a procedural aspect as well.

I never, ever fly without RC, unless I am flying VFR. 

Default ATC simply doesn't compare. If you are serious about learning real-world procedures, I can vouch for RC for hours and hours.

Like others have said, it's not perfect, mostly due to limitations in FSX itself. 

I don't find the SIDs/STARS thing too big of a deal- if you are  using a flight planner that will convert the SIDS/STARS to waypoints, it becomes, at least to ME, a moot point.

Just my two cents- and remember (I have not tried either of these though- this is just from research)- that if you really want to go all-out, look into Pilot Edge or, if you are OK with dealing with limitations and hit-or-miss ATC quality (but much bigger area coverage), look into VATSIM.