Sign in to follow this  
rogwen

Air North HS-748 texture by Hernan Anibarro

Has anyone used Hernan Anibarro's Air North texture for Dee Waldron's AI Hawker Siddeley HS-748? For some reason I am getting half of one engine nacelle a bright green and both parts of the second engine nacelle the same. Didn't change plane or texture so it is a mystery as to why.

In the meantime, having discovered that as an AI plane it doesn't land, just "appears" on its parking spot, the question becomes moot. Thanks anyway.

In the meantime, having discovered that as an AI plane it doesn't land, just "appears" on its parking spot, the question becomes moot. Thanks anyway.

That would be a AI traffic or Flight plan time problem between a departure time / airport and a arrival time / airport where the aircraft speed can not cover the distance between the airports in the time specified.

Regards,

Unfortunately it is not a time problem, that I could solve. There is a gap of over an hour between the arrival time at Old Crow (which is worked out by Traffic Tools after I specify a departure time from Inuvik) and the specified (by me) departure time for the next leg. An hour is plenty long enough to land properly and park. I suspect it is a setting in the aircraft.config file which is not the same for AI as it is for being flown, but at that point my expertise ends.

Upon further review those textures might be for v1 of that plane, which might be hard to find.

May I suggest air_north_ant_repaint_pkg_dtb.zip from the library?

That is what I use and I think they look a bit better.

As for the plane's performance, it works fine as AI.

You are having an issue with either your flight plan, your airport, or both.

The default Old Crow doesn't have any parking big enough for that plane, though if you are who I think you are, you are not using a default airport.

I am using an AIG traffic file for the summer of '11 and after adding a few parking spots, the Hawker performed as well as can be expected at Old Crow.

If you would like to post your flight plan I can test it.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I suspect it is a setting in the aircraft.config file which is not the same for AI as it is for being flown, but at that point my expertise ends.

That is not very likely. The AI engine uses the reference speed from the aircraft.cfg file, The aircraft otherwise behaves according whats specified in the aircraft.cfg file and the air file. In using the DWAI HS-748 as a flyable aircraft it may have been modified to get it to fly right but that wouldn't keep the original from working unless you are trying to use the flyable as the AI. The usual symptoms for such a thing would be for the modified aircraft or one that isn't set up as an AI to have problems during approach or landing. It would not just spawn at a parking spot

What speed have you assigned or is assigned to the HS-748 in the flight plans aircraft text file? If that speed is set above 200kts traffic tool while fail to calculate and compile the traffic file properly. This is a known flaw in traffic tools. Even airliners have to be set at 200kts. The limit is 200kts or lower. That does not mean the AI aircraft can not fly faster than 200kts as it travels the flight plan it simply means traffic tools doesn't compile properly thus messing up you intended time schedule.

What is the estimated distance between Old Crow and Inuvik? Double check your details such as cruise altitude, flight plan punctuation and so forth. Are time zones involved? Another way to check would be to replace the HS-748 in the flight plan with a faster aircraft and test / a slower aircraft and test.

I am using the same flight plan as Joe and have problems with it.

Regards,

If that speed is set above 200kts traffic tool while fail to calculate and compile the traffic file properly. This is a known flaw in traffic tools.

That is not exactly true.

The only time to use 200 is if you are using the "@" sign to force an arrival time in TTools.

And even then, it kinda depends on the plane. 200 is a good number for transport category jets.

If you are letting TTools calculate the arrival time, it is best to use the cruise speed in the [Reference Speeds] section of the aircraft.cfg.

At least this is how I have done my own traffic files for the past 8 yearsw, without too much trouble.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

That does not mean the AI aircraft can not fly faster than 200kts as it travels the flight plan it simply means traffic tools doesn't compile properly

Haven't come across that one... can you elaborate what might happen?

I tried a dummy WOAI decompile/change to 400/recompile/decompile again, and it worked fine.

Here is the best explanation of what I wrote that I can find, for the moment. From AIG.

You do everything correct when you compile in AIFP. The only thing I would suggest you forget is number 3. You don't have to save the flightplan into the 3 txt-files. You already have them in the zip-file you downloaded that included the flightplan.

You first compile it using AIFP and then afterwards you compile the exact same file with Ttools. You don't have to compile with Ttools. That's where it goes wrong.

Just compile with AIFP and then don't do anything else. As we can see in number 5 the times are still correct when you open the bgl-file.

What you do wring is that the speeds for the planes, when compiling in Ttools, are realistic but should be 200. Ttools will give you plans a lot of errors when compiling using real speeds. But if you uses 200, it's way better.

What you also do wring is that when you compile using Ttools, you overwrite the bgl-file you compiled using AIFP. That's not what you should do.

Forget all about Ttools/AIFPC, and just compile using AIFP.

Remember. Ttools were made for FS2002 and FS2004, but not for FSX. AIFPC uses Ttools which is actually shouldn't. So forget Ttools/AIFPC and only use AIFP to compile, and only once. No need to save into the 3 txt-files. AIFP wil still be able to do all the work, without you having to save into the 3 txt-files. You only need to compile after you have assigned the correct aircrafts, and then you are done.

And;

If your problem is the 'recalculation'of the arrival times then you should not use the @ symbol and use the real aircraft speed. With the @ symbol the arrival times are recalculated according the speed which then must be 2xx.
I would not just only use 200 but a mixture of moer or less 200. this will reduce the flocking when starting FS.

Both from the Alpha India Group forum: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=20155.msg195122#msg195122

Regards,

I'm beginning to see where some of the confusion might be creeping in....  :lol: