Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I have seen a true and real divergence from FSX, and another 'wow' factor.

The divergence, is how Cloud Shadows are so richly featured and noted, by means of having gone to Winter depiction, for such places now as Wawa, Ontario, Canada.  If Steve, of Steve's Dx10 Fixer fame, can bring cloud shadows to FSX...then what a wonderful development that would be.

It was SUCH a pleasure to see the shadows from the clouds playing across the ice of the frozen lakes and snow-laden fields, (via Pilot's/ORBX's Vector 1.20) and in how real it appeared, and added to the sheer enjoyment of P3D.x

So, for all those that still predominately run FSX, perhaps petition Steve to add cloud shadows, to DX10 FSX.

For us... we P3D'ers...if you also run ORBX Global v1.30, and the new Vector 1.20.....and have not yet seen a Winter landscape...BOY...are you in for a pleasant surprise.  It is things such as this, that really highlights the subtle differences between P3D.x and FSX.  

Very, very nice....

Happy Camper.

The divergence, is how Cloud Shadows are so richly featured and noted, by means of having gone to Winter depiction, for such places now as Wawa, Ontario, Canada.  If Steve, of Steve's Dx10 Fixer fame, can bring cloud shadows to FSX...then what a wonderful development that would be.

It was SUCH a pleasure to see the shadows from the clouds playing across the ice of the frozen lakes and snow-laden fields, (via Pilot's/ORBX's Vector 1.20) and in how real it appeared, and added to the sheer enjoyment of P3D.x

So, for all those that still predominately run FSX, perhaps petition Steve to add cloud shadows, to DX10 FSX.

For us... we P3D'ers...if you also run ORBX Global, and the new Vector 1.20.....and have not yet seen a Winter landscape...BOY...are you in for a pleasant surprise.  It is things such as this, that really highlights the subtle differences between P3D.x and FSX.  

Very, very nice....

Happy Camper.

Your right, they do look quite nice indeed!  Hey, whats the plane you are flying?  :lol:

Bob

Hey, whats the plane you are flying? 

------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, yeah....yeah...ROTFLMBO!   I guess you are right, in that I am showing a little air-frame 'constipation'...."   :lol:

It's such a great plane for General Aviation rubber-necking....that I find it so hard not to run and climb into, for the trip up.....

I am back and forth between the 337, Baytower RV and the Lotus. Just love them all. Some others I am fond of but they really hit the frames and that just ruins it for me.

So you might try an air-frame Softner.

Bob

I am back and forth between the 337, Baytower RV and the Lotus. Just love them all. Some others I am fond of but they really hit the frames and that just ruins it for me.

So you might try an air-frame Softner.

Bob

I guess that I am lucky in that I can maintain for the most part my 30-33 (hard set limit) FPS with the SkyMaster.  I do admit, that I am a high-wing addict.....

For us... we P3D'ers...if you also run ORBX Global v1.30, and the new Vector 1.20.....and have not yet seen a Winter landscape...BOY...are you in for a pleasant surprise.  It is things such as this, that really highlights the subtle differences between P3D.x and FSX.  

1  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/Mwe

2  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/MwD

Very, very nice....

Happy Camper.

Looks great, 'Quash! But I thought you said terrain shadows in P3Dv2.3 and 2.4 were broken and thus you had them disabled? Or was it someone else who said that? lol

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Looks great, 'Quash! But I thought you said terrain shadows in P3Dv2.3 and 2.4 were broken and thus you had them disabled? Or was it someone else who said that? lol

Only the Terrain Shadows, section that controls whether objects (like mountains) will cast upon the landmass.

I have the Terrain Shadow box checked off...but with the following:

I have the three Terrain Shadows sliders as follows from top to bottom:

1--- at 0

2--- at 20,000 m

3--- at 6,000 m

The above is what is generating my cloud shadows in my screen grabs. Terrain shadows like for instance where mountains cast shadows is what is broken...and the first  slider setting of 0, takes care of seeing weird shadows play across terrain.  The rest works as you see.  <_<

Cheers!

Only the Terrain Shadows, section that controls whether objects (like mountains) will cast upon the landmass.

I have the Terrain Shadow box checked off...but with the following:

I have the three Terrain Shadows sliders as follows from top to bottom:

1--- at 0

2--- at 20,000 m

3--- at 6,000 m

The above is what is generating my cloud shadows in my screen grabs. Terrain shadows like for instance where mountains cast shadows is what is broken...and the first  slider setting of 0, takes care of seeing weird shadows play across terrain.  The rest works as you see.  <_<

Cheers!

Gotcha, thanks for clearing it up. I was confused there for a second lol

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️