Sign in to follow this  
cagrikartal

Before and After the SP1C

Wow, me too. I flew this weekend at PHNL with ASN SP1b and it was nearly impossible to land. I need to find the correct settings to tune down.

I haven't flown much since SP1 was released, so I just attributed it to a windy day at PHNL (also overall turbulence because of the nearby mountains and the airport close to the sea, etc). But, if the turbulence is like that everywhere, the T7 might just be struggling too much and as such can't keep up.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I flew into Brunei INTL Airport (WBSB) whilst using ASN and here also the weather was pretty nasty.

Could that contribute ? Other then using ORBX Global and Global Vector I have a complete clean install with any other airport sceneries or other aircraft.

Cheers, Rick

Hi everyone,

I have the exact same issues (at around 140' it feels like an allmighty ground effect kills the sinkrate all at once). AT is not able to catch the trimmed speed (trimmed for 145, actual speed dropped to 136 and N1 stays at around 56% without being influenced by AT).

I too use Active Sky Next with the latest service pack and hotfix installed. I did also notice that since Saturday on every single airport I fly (Dubai, Frankfurt, Munich, Tromso, Bergen ...), the landing is almost impossible due to medium to heavy turbulences and an instant kill of sinkrate at around 140 - 100 ft.

It's really a fight to land the plane, but not only the 777. I also suffer the same problem with the A319; yesterday an invisible hand pressed me down to the threshold and the METAR said: 17006 9999 -RA. It was almost impossible to hold the flightpath.

I use the 777 SP1b installer (which means SP1b is already included), everything on a new setup, deleted the FSUIPC countless times and setup everything new.

It seems that it's an ASN problem (only a best guess by myself). I'll try today same flight as yesterday with same weather conditions. But this time using FSGRW to see if these sinkrate killer appear here as well.

Best regards,

Ben

What I'd suggest - fly an approach to your desired airport with no weather (one hand-flown landing and one automatic) and see what happens. Then add a default FSX weather model and repeat the same procedure. If no problems occur then it's an ASN SP1 kind of thing and the developers should fix it.  

I use FSGRW and never had any problems since SP1c - it even flies better and is more stable than before the service update.

Just to add my 2 cents even though I have yet to purchase the 777:

On approach to EFHK with ASN SP1b, the weather was too much for the A319 auto thrust system to handle. IAS was jumping +/- 15kts. I had to manually fly her in.

I'm willing to guess, that PMDG has put much more effort into getting the auto throttle system right, that Aerosoft, but for me it seems that most reporters on this thread are using the latest version of ASN.

Pure coincidence?

Hi everyone,

Made two flights yesterday, one with 777F and the other with A319. Same weather before yesterday (03-Nov-2014) where I encountered these abnormal turbulences, groundeffect in 140' and non-responsive AT. In short: Same scenario as in every landing since Saturday ^_^ (if I remember correctly at this time I applied the newest hotfix to the SP).

This time I used FSGRW latest version and with both aircraft I made picture-book approaches and landings. The PMDG AT reacted so smooth and good to the turbulences (medium turbulences forecasted and finally happened), it was a real pleasure to fly in this weather ^_^.

I'll drop a ticket to ASN this afternoon and see what happens and will provide them a link to this topic.

Best regards,

Ben

Here is a video after reinstalling sp1c and hole pmdg 777. I was suposed to install sp1 then sp1b and check it without sp1c but i could nt find the sp1 where i tought i stored. So i went on doing it via the oc. But it installed the latest sp.

In this video i used a default wheather senario of the fsx and i think the problems seem like gone. I tried the same landing with asn and it happend again.

Please everyone suffering from these problems, make same tests and we ll see for sure the what causes the problem.

Here is the video that took a day to upload. Sorry for the delay.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems, running latest ASN. Basically I started another thread about this issue (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/455070-777-autothrottle-unable-to-maintain-speed-during-approach/) I didn't search too well :blush: . 

Unfortunately I don't know what the behaviour was before latest service pack as I purchased the T7 a week ago. Many thanks for suggesting that, I'll check without ASN and after disabling turbulence etc...

[edit]

Indeed I've tested and I found out that the issue disappears when ASN isn't running. The FSX built-in weather engine doesn't cause the same problem. Also, running ASN with the turbulence slider set to 0 (zero) is also fine.

However, there is a loss in realism there I believe. We can easily blame ASN but what if the 777 autothrottle can't cope with the more realistic turbulence?

Best Regards,

Michael

We can easily blame ASN but what if the 777 autothrottle can't cope with the more realistic turbulence?

First - have a look at the intro manual and the graph in there about "turbulence" in FSX. "Realistic" isn't a word I'd place next to anything like that.

Second - I don't recall the thread, but I thought that even ASN is looking into it, as their SP1 introduced the issue. That's the impression I got.

Kyle Rodgers