Sign in to follow this  
sd75lover

need help now!

I just missed my 777 descend into rjaa and now it is circling endlessly at abbot whenever I try to slect a star it wont let me

I just missed my 777 descend into rjaa and now it is circling endlessly at abbot whenever I try to slect a star it wont let me

Its probably in a hold lol. Go to the hold page on the fmc and line select exit hold and activate 

Pierre 

haha why would you missed the TOD? you should enable the " pause before top of descent" option :)

Please don't get him on to any ideas - he obviously is quite resistant to reading the manuals - and will only come back to ask where he can find that option....

regards

Dear Benjamin,

Oh dear me !  I can't imagine that I will succeed where other, more experienced, forum members have already wasted so much time on you (referring now to the "stuck at 10000 ft" thread).  But I will give it one try.

If you had bothered to read the PMDG 777 introduction, you would have come across the following remark : "THIS IS NOT YOUR NGX ON STEROIDS".

IOW, even if you somehow managed to do flights with the PMDG NGX, the 777 is an even more sophisticated bit of kit.

There is NO SHORTCUT to familiarising yourself with at least the basics of the 777's operation by READING AT LEAST THE INTRODUCTORY DOCUMENTATION.

There is NO POINT continuing to do what you have been doing to date, i.e. posting random questions and then ignoring the very helpful and eminently sensible advice given to you by many knowledgeable forum members.  YOU ARE MISSING MANY BASICS and that is what is causing your problems.

If you continue stumbling along as you are, it probably won't be long before you become the subject of ridicule around here (if you aren't already) and you certainly won't get much help from anyone.

Now please do yourself and many others here a favour :

Park your 777 in the hangar for now.

Read up on the basics.

Do the tutorial (it was created for good reasons !).

Then if you still have honest questions after doing that, come back and put them here.

See how you go !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

and having a forum title like "need help now" is not very polite either.

A title like,"Help I can't get decend with a STAR! or "Stuck at 10,000 ft,can't decend" is much more meaningful and more likely to get readers' attention.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020