Sign in to follow this  
gkamilar

Did A Windows 7 64bit Update Kill My NGX?

This is my first time posting...hope I got it right!

I've been flying my -800 for several months and had my FSX setup tuned to perfection when Monday 10/27 I became unable to load any 737NGX aircraft or saved flight in FSX.  The sim would freeze after clicking "Fly Now".  All of my other default and add-on aircraft were unaffected.  I re-installed the NGX but the problem persisted and now I could see the sim freezing when I tried to activate the PMDG modules on first load.  Next I formatted my SSD, re-installed Windows 7 64 bit, did all of the Windows updates and re-installed the NGX.  Problem persisted.  When I reverted to an early restore point...BINGO...problem disappeared (although the sim started exhibiting other problems).  

I'm thinking the problem was caused by a Windows update around that time but unfortunately I realized this way to late to be able to see what update was installed just before this started.  Did anybody else see anything like this?  Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated...

Next I formatted my SSD, re-installed Windows 7 64 bit, did all of the Windows updates and re-installed the NGX.
I have not seen any problems as of today. If you did the Windows updates after installing the OS would this not reintroduce the update you were having problems with? Maybe this is the cause of your sim exhibiting other problems.  Did your restore point come from a backup using something like Norton Ghost?

I have been having problems ,with FSX PMDG B739,but I traced my problems to ASN sp1/1b , it also stopped me using another high end payware aircraft,the cure for me was deleting a file called (wxstationlist.BIN) it is in this location for win7 users .

C:users\what ever your admin user account is named\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\FSX 

click on FSX then look on the right side,i found mine at the bottom of this list, on reboot of FSX it is regenerated,my problem was a corrupt weather data update.

I don't know if this will help you with your problem or not,as I don't know if you have ASN installed.

regards alan.

Alan Cottrill.

No issues with any plane and my computer is up to date.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit premium without any problems. Maybe something got corrupted while updating.

I am also running Win 7 64 and a few months back after some regular updates my FPS was destroyed. The sim would load fine but I was getting about 3 FPS. I was confused because I hadn't made any changes other than Windows updates. After some google searches I found a patch for one of the updates that was installed. I installed the patch and everything went back to normal. Kind of weird I know.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485