Sign in to follow this  
abdelsa

pmdg 777 vc light problem

Hm, I noticed the same thing yesterday! Any ideas?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I had this as well. I had used the DX10 toolbox to turn VC shadows on for the 777 a long time ago. After installing the latest SP1C I observed this as well. I went in and deleted the modified VC model file within both the -200 and -300 and reran the SP1C installers. Then I reran the DX10 toolbox and clicked to add VC shadows. This fixed the problem that is in the OP's post. However I do not have VC shadows anymore. Sucks... I think PMDG updated something in the model file and now we can no longer get VC shadows.....

Eric 

Eric, shadows work here. Skip any work with the toolbox and just go with the setting in your fsx.cfg as explained here. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454014-new-fsx-setting-in-fsxcfg-for-dx10-forcevcshadowmap/

No need to touch any model files anymore. "Force VCWalls" might help on some occasions.

As for the clock area at night, I would have to check if I get the same error. Edited. I've just checked and I don't see the clock area coming up differently than the rest. Can not confirm the error for the -200 and -300.

Eric, shadows work here. Skip any work with the toolbox and just go with the setting in your fsx.cfg as explained here. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454014-new-fsx-setting-in-fsxcfg-for-dx10-forcevcshadowmap/

No need to touch any model files anymore. "Force VCWalls" might help on some occasions.

As for the clock area at night, I would have to check if I get the same error. Edited. I've just checked and I don't see the clock area coming up differently than the rest. Can not confirm the error for the -200 and -300.

Yep, I skipped the tool box and added that line in the fsx.cfg as well. I see the shadows on the glare shield and on the front pillars. I used to have it all over the cockpit but that is no longer the case for some reason?? I have Force VC Walls checked as well....very odd..

Eric 

Needless to say that, if PMDG ever decided to patch out the ability to receive cockpit shadows in DX10, I would be very.. disappointed.

Forgot to say. I shall check my settings later to maybe help on discovering what could prevent "full" shadows for you.

Second edit. Posting the settings and the VC pic. Please check if the issue stems from the sun's angle. I used an early summer day in Seattle not a noon situation.

g5OZoQl.jpg

ovVOzOX.jpg

Don't mind the green pointers in the pic. Those are from my XPOI addon and help me finding my way with GA planes. The 777 is a GA plane, right? :lol:

And finally. We have to admit that we've hijacked the thread since we are no longer on the clock area issue. :blush: But I shall post another picture at night, so that one can see the clock area being lit as expected.

Both are from the -200, the last one with the flood light (for the Captain's side) on.

l8nFcyy.jpg

tn1L0iX.jpg

The clock area was working fine for me until I installed FSCrew for the 777. Now I get it like the OP posted.

Eric 

Good observation then. Is FS2Crew placing a clickspot or something in that area? I don't have it.

I solved the digital clock area anomally with reinstalling SP1c.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I solved the digital clock area anomally with reinstalling SP1c.

I did too. Then I installed FSCrew and its back to being how it was.....color is now much lighter at night.

Eric 

At least we know the problem lies within the FS2Crew

I did too. Then I installed FSCrew and its back to being how it was.....color is now much lighter at night.

Ivan Majetic

I've FS2Crew too... so maybe that's the problem. Don't know how to fix it anyway...

I think FS2Crew is the likely cause. I don't have it installed and use DX10 and have never noticed this issue. I'm guessing its the addition of a click spot to start FS2Crew that is causing the issue.

FS2Crew 777 does not use a clickspot to open the box, it's a key assignement.

Stephane

vpa055.png