Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

How to command a climb

Having set my next climb altitude with the Set Flight Level command, how do I then ask the FO to press the ALT button?

Cheers, Richard

NB Now getting up to speed with FS2Crew 777, and am amazed :dance:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Richard,

Just "Set Flight Level xxx"

and then "Select Flight Level Change"

P.S: the same works for a inflight decent

However - I don't see a command to "enter" (press the Altitude knob), maybe Bryan could add this to V1.1 ?

regards

The command for pushing the altitude knob might be more along the lines of "select altitude intervene"

The command for pushing the altitude knob might be more along the lines of "select altitude intervene"

Yep, but its not listed in the manual....

regards

Hi Richard & Bryan

Neither of these commands is recognised by my FS2Crew.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Richard & Bryan

Neither of these commands is recognised by my FS2Crew.

then only Bryan can help you - something must be wrong.... because here it works....

regards

Hi Richard,

Have tried again but it only shows a green Select Altitude Hold, however many repeats.

Will have to leave it for now.

Many thanks, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Same problem here. FS2crew doesn't recognize "select alitiude intervene". This can be an issue when flying online and working with initial climb altitudes. Maybe this can be fixed in V1.1 ...

Many thanks again, Bryan

Cheers, Richard

Hi,

if I want to climb/descent FL240 should I say:

1) "set altitude 24 thousand"

2) "set flight level 2 4 0"

?

Lucas

You wouldn't say "set altitude 24 thousand" because that would always be a Flight Level.

I also believe what you wrote...but I simply missed "SET FLIGHT LEVEL XXX" in manual :wink:  Thanks.

Lucas