Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

A new flight phase "En Route"?

Hi Bryan,

Could you add a new flight phase between After Takeoff Checklist and Descent Checklist and find an event to push FS2Crew into Descent Checklist mode, please?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Why is an enroute phase necessary? And you can put fs2crew into descent phase (indicated by a flashing *) by doing the approach briefing.

Hi Bryan,

I agree but having it sitting at Descent Checklist for the remainder of the flight seems less than realistic.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Ummm, I'll think about this one...

As Bryan mentioned, there's no point to an en-route phrase.

We discussed some of this stuff with our 777 consultant, even in cruise in ETOPs there isn't much to do, unlike the 737 NGX which is much less automated.

Well Bryan,

There are still a few things to do in the 777 while in cruise...

Grab coffe (FO) like "Hey captain, I'll grab myself a coffee and strech my legs a bit - would you like a coffee once I come back?

and of cours the Fuel checks....and position reports - however, no Idea how to implement that one....

regards

and of cours the Fuel checks....and position reports - however, no Idea how to implement that one....

We can't really model ultra complex conversations I'm afraid with Voice Control.

With Voice Control, we have to stick to simple, short, easy to remember phrases.

Nice try, Richard!

Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Here are some suggestions what could be done in Cruise or Enroute Phase:

One thing that could be done are the fuelchecks once per hour. Here is what to do:

Press PROG and then NEXT PAGE and compare the TOTALIZER with the calculated fuel.

If the values match the check is passed, if they differ more than a certain amount the FO should advise the captain.

Not sure if this is done in the real aircraft, but maybe open the FUEL page on the EICAS too.

The FO could check the different pages from time to time (for example each 30 minutes).

Another possibility for the passenger versions would be that the FA comes up sometimes and ask the crew if we need something (can be responded to with the normal FA dialogue phrases). Please use the chimesound for this, the knocking on the door when the FA wants to enter isn't realistic in a 777!

A possible interaction here could be: F=FlA U=User C=Copilot

*Chime sound*
U "Flightdeck"

F*Hi guys, do you need anything?"

U "[user phrase from the FA dialogue; add a "no, thank you" option]"
C *states if he wants something or not* (Sometimes he should want something, sometimes not. This would make it a bit more dynamic)

F *Replies accordingly and carries out action* (If action is necessary, depending on the users/FO's reply)

The FO could review different FMC pages from time to time, such as VNAV and PROG and then switch back to LEGS

The FO could leave the cockpit from time to time to go to the toilet or, in the freighter get, some food (consider an option where he asks the Captain if he wants something too).

On longer flights there would be two cool options too:

- Flight at night (local time) if the distance exceeds 2500, but is shorter than 4000NM:

The FO could ask for an hour of controlled rest. The Captain can either approve or deny it. If the Captain approves the FO could reply thanks. The rest could last for an hour, with the captain having the possibility to wake the FO in between, or after the hour the FO could awake himself again and report back at his duty.

- If the distance exceeds 4000NM a second officer could be simulated (simply use another of the existing accents for him) who takes the FO's seat three hours into the flight for a duration of three hours, so that the FO got some time to relax during cruise until the FO returns to the flightdeck.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Bryan, I would strongly love to see some - if not all if possible - of the above suggestions from Emi's post.

Simple but very immersive especially second officer inclusion (which would be unique for the 777 compared to FS2Crew NGX, Airbus, D8 and so on...)

Also the idea of cabin crew checking up every so often would be pretty realistic.

The above mentioned suggestions are realistic and would add to the current version, but please if they are implemented make it an option that can be disabled, I for one don't want to be disturbed during the cruise.

Bryan, any comment on these suggestions?

I like them, but I doubt they'll be able to make V1.1 since they'll require a lot of extra recording from people.

Tcas_climb, yes, there would be an option to turn them off.

Cheers,

I would gladly wait for a V1.2 if you descide to include them (btw, I wouldn't mind if you port them over to the NGX and Airbus versions too ;)).

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!