Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

Aerosoft Dublin

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has the above title from Aerosoft.

Have to say I purchased the other day and the textures are just terrible!  Does anyone else see the runways and grass sparkling like with static!!

Further when I to land there the runways textures just dissappear...odd ..not out of memory.

Shame as I have a lot of AS airports but this seems like twenty quid down the drain...

be interested to hear if anuyone eslse has this issue

All the best

I have this airport, but I have experienced none of the problems that you describe. I do experience the odd bit of brief delay in texture loading, but other than that, I have no problems. I have, however, only ever used it to fly the PMDG 737 there so I can't say anything about performance beyond that particular combination. At the moment I am en route to Dubai from Cape Town, otherwise I would have done a quick test on it to see if I can recreate your issues, but I'll do that tomorrow morning and see if I can find anything of interest regarding your issues.

I have it in P3D and see none of the issues you noted (not saying I don't believe you). I actually like the scenery a lot.

Todd

Does anyone else see the runways and grass sparkling like with static!!

YES! 

But not always. It seems okay sometimes, especially if I'm starting there, and not at other times, most often when its my arrival airport. I can't figure it out.  When it's bad it's exactly as you describe,, all pixels dancing about.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Never noticed before, It's my home airport,but since it takes ages to load - even with an SSD drive, I rarely set as my departure airport anymore.

It does tend to be memory heavy on approach too - it could be since it's on the coast that it eats frames.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I use Aerosoft Dublin in P3D v2.4, and the textures look perfectly fine on my PC. The only problem I see is that the custom taxiway and runway lighting does not appear to work in P3D. In fact, the P3D version of the AFD file has been "opened up" to enable the default lighting to be displayed. Unfortunately, a scattering of default green taxiway centreline lights across custom ground textures does not look all that great. The custom version of the taxiway centreline lighting looked a lot better in FSX.

Curiously, nobody at Aerosoft seems to want to respond to my comments about this over on their forum, although I am aware that other developers have also had problems with lighting in P3D.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks everyone,

Agree hard to get AS to comment I have posted on their forum!

Pete glad I am not the only one thought it was just me! Against all other airports I have this just is disappointing, I believe they are trying to replicate a concrete surface but to me it is like well static the ground just fizzy' for want of a better description.

The issue with the texture loss when choosing this as an arrival airport should at least be addressed, I have seen other comments about this it must be memory related but I have never had any ooo.

Good scenery but I think it went out the door to quickly like a lot of products now days...I Would rather wait for something a month or two longer so it is at least 75% ready..

Also FYI I tried placing the MIpMap fix in the cfg at 6 but no difference!

All the best

What other scenery are you using with Aerosoft Dublin? ORBx FTX Republic of Ireland? GenX Ireland East photographic scenery? Default?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I use Aerosoft Dublin' s airport  + FTX Ireland, no problem so far.

Except that when it's raining, i don't see the (fantastic in default fsx)  wet runway effect but rather some shadows.

But i don't know if this is a true texture problem or the way the developeres have coded the product .(didn't received an answer in

their support forum). 

What other scenery are you using with Aerosoft Dublin? ORBx FTX Republic of Ireland? GenX Ireland East photographic scenery? Default?

I've got the FTX Global stuff, and Vectors, no specific Ireland scenery other than airports like Eiresim Shannon, Knock and UK2000 Belfast, Belfast City.

The Eiresim Dublin, which I still have installed but which is completely disabled, was quite good so I might return to that till the Aerosoft one is sorted (it's also easier on frame rates and VAS).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I have switched to using the PlayHorizon GenX Volume 9 Ireland East photographic scenery with Aerosoft Dublin (as opposed to FTX Republic of Ireland). It may be relatively flat and bare compared to the FTX scenery, but there is a significant difference in performance, and the coastline is a BILLION times better than the cardboard cutout coastal definition that you get with FTX scenery. Anyway, I prefer photographic scenery as a general rule, even with no autogen (although I would at least like to add trees if at all possible; I already have those five FTX wind turbines visible in the photoscenery that are on the runway 28 approach). FTX landclass scenery is very good in its own right, but the massive amount of buildings and trees autogen does not completely hide the fact that what you are seeing is not "real", and displaying all of that autogen at maximum detail levels (I don't do compromises in this department where landclass scenery is concerned) hits the system rather hard!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi !

I am just using Orbx Global nothing else do not understand the texture issue as I approach the runway just a blurry mess, but the biggest pain is the fizzy textures on the ground soon as you move or change view....just terrible...pity AS did not offer a refund policy....

Might put this down to experience and dump the AS version and get Eiresim.

Trying to get AS engaged on there forum but last time I looked no reply!

All the best

Does this happen when you also depart from the airport, or only on arrival?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

interesting question,

tried going from there and do see the textures more clearly.....would immediatly think it is a memeory issue but I have plenty on board and do not suffer out of mem issues.

I never run Auto gen as I do not like the effect so just not taxing the system...running a i7 2600k at 4.5 gtx 770 4gb and 16 mb ram at 1600..

and do not get this with any other scenery?

All the best

Also left some pics over at the AS support site if you want to see

All the best

I haven't actually flown in to Dublin from elsewhere so far (too busy conducting short test flights at various UK and Ireland airports), so I would need to test that on my PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png