Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

ECL window...

Hi Bryan,

One wish I have (don't know if anything can be done about it)... but

This may just be on my system, but when I call for the landing checklist, the ECL popup window opens and it covers the glide slope cue on the PFD.  I hand fly 90% of my landings and it's a tad bit distracting when trying to stay on the glide slope manually.  I tried shrinking the window but couldn't.  Can you shrink it to about half it's size?  Thanks either way for a great program.

ps. one thing I miss from the NGX is the occasional rustle of paper as the FO moves around on his side, let's me know I'm not alone during the longer silent periods of preflight.

Richard

ps. one thing I miss from the NGX is the occasional rustle of paper as the FO moves around on his side, let's me know I'm not alone during the longer silent periods of preflight.

We actually have some of those sounds in during pre-flight.  We'll try to add more for V1.1.

As for covering the PFD, the pop-up should appear in the bottom right portion of the screen.

We can't resize it I'm afraid...

Are you flying from the FO's seat or something?

I'm flying in the left hand seat, I can't remember exactly where it popped up (what part of the screen) I just know all of a sudden on my last three flights I couldn't see the glide slope indicator.  So I'm thinking mine has to be popping up mid screen if it's able to cover the PFD.  I'll try to get a quick flight set up and verify tonight.

We actually have some of those sounds in during pre-flight.  We'll try to add more for V1.1.

Maybe my setup isn't right.  At the 54 minute mark, the FO asks how I'm doing and I answer her, after that I don't hear any other sounds until the 40 or so minute mark when she says she is going for the walk around. 

Richard

I have to apologize Bryan, I did one quick test flight last night and I could not replicate the issue with the ECL window blocking the g/s indicator.  It popped up lower left as you said it should.  If the issue comes back I will grab a screen shot and post it.

Richard

I have to apologize Bryan, I did one quick test flight last night and I could not replicate the issue with the ECL window blocking the g/s indicator.  It popped up lower left as you said it should.

No worries  B)

Cheers,

Bryan, is it correct that, after the FO performs the checklist through the ECL, the lower EICAS screen becomes blank? Is it possible to have it back with the page that was shown before the checklist? Thanks.

James Goggi

Bryan, is it correct that, after the FO performs the checklist through the ECL, the lower EICAS screen becomes blank? Is it possible to have it back with the page that was shown before the checklist? Thanks.

It's not really possible.  Just to get what we can currently do with the ECL was a huge effort.

The SDK doesn't allow us to read anything out of the ECL...  The FO is essentially 'blind' when it comes to the ECL.