Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

OpusFSI - any feedback

HI all

Is anyone using OpusFSI?  I'm particularly intersted in ugrading to FSI because it seems that it has the same camera functionality as EZDOK.  Has anyone bought this recently, and if so, any feedback - specifically on the camera functions?

If there was anything really odd about it, you would be seeing posts about that

When things work well, it quiets down

Yup, bought and installed it last week. `

Got it because I like the Dynamic Head Movement feature in particular.  Much better than EXDoc in that it does not produce a gazillion views when cycling through.  Also comes with a Live Camera Control which allows you to adjust your eye points on the go.  With EXDoc my key assignments became disabled when it was operating. 

And...the weather engine works perfictly as far as I am concerned.  Very happy with this purchase.`

R.

If there was anything really odd about it, you would be seeing posts about that

When things work well, it quiets down

I get that, but not really the answer I'm looking for.  

Looking for specific user feedback on functionality, ease of use etc.  EZDOK, was not the most intuative of applications but it was hugely satifying when you had it set up in FSX.  I'm  interested in a relative view or just direct user experience of FSI itself in P3DV2.4

Yup, bought and installed it last week. `

Got it because I like the Dynamic Head Movement feature in particular.  Much better than EXDoc in that it does not produce a gazillion views when cycling through.  Also comes with a Live Camera Control which allows you to adjust your eye points on the go.  With EXDoc my key assignments became disabled when it was operating. 

And...the weather engine works perfictly as far as I am concerned.  Very happy with this purchase.`

R.

Thanks Raymundo.  I loved the weather engine in OpusFSX

Yes I am interested in this as well.  However I am happy with my current weather engine and not interested in that part of the application.  Can the weather engine be shut off and the application used simply for dynamic head movement and camera views?  I have EzDoc in P3d and it works but would certainly give it up for a newer more intuitive application that is being supported.

RE Thomason Jr.

I've been using OpusFSX (not FSI) since P3D 2.0 came out. It works. The camera features work well. So does the dynamic head movement. The UI is a bit weird, but after you get used to it, it's fine.

There are a couple of things to watch out for. Neither is critical if you know what to do.

• You have to start OpusFSX only after you're in a flight situation (in the cockpit, not in the situation setup UI), or else you get a CTD in P3D. I don't know whether this has been fixed yet with OpusFSI+P3D 2.4
  • You really should not use "bump aircraft" (checkbox unselected) in the DHM options dialog (whatever it's called) See http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/Opusfsi_Server_DHM.jpg the "bump aircraft" checkbox should not be checked. if it's checked then your performance can suffer greatly and you can get severe pauses and unresponsive controls

Other than that, I love it!

Could I suggest you start by reading the Mutleys Hanger review from a couple of years ago

I purchased it then and was delighted. Since then it has improved about 25% with additional features like the live camera control

You can turn off the weather but I suggest you probably won't. I use REX textures and the weather.

The upgrade to Opus FSI was a no-brainer for me. Since its introduction Steven has already added several new features including panning.

The camera control is really good and faultless and works in FSX and P3D the same way.

More important, why not just download the free trial and try it out?

Did I mention the excellent support?

Get it you will not be sorry.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

yep the support is like having the devs sat next to you all day :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just gone from Opus FSX to FSI myself.

The fact that its cameras and weather all in one program is great. The camera effects are very well done and in sync with the weather. Much better and more realistic than Ezdok as far as I am concerned.

Weather engine has been upgraded in this version too. Cloud layers and levels seem to be better than ever. 

Being honest, I still see the odd clouds 'popping' into view but it does seem improved from previous versions. Wind shifts appear to have been eradicated too although that was already the case with the last release build of OpusFSX

Thanks chaps.  I think I'll upgrade tonight.

erich

You have to start OpusFSX only after you're in a flight situation (in the cockpit, not in the situation setup UI), or else you get a CTD in P3D. I don't know whether this has been fixed yet with OpusFSI+P3D 2.4

According to Opus themselves this still happens with FSI.

Apparently a fix can only come from LM.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.