Sign in to follow this  
AJLedbetter123

P3D SweetFX and Menu Bar

Evening All,

Something I've come across - While using SweetFX 'standalone' within P3D V2.4, for some reason if I am to enter the menu bars, SweetFX will disable, now I don't mean disable where I have to enable it again, I mean it won't work, I have to close the sim to load SweetFX back..

Should I use the actual SweeFX Configuration to resolve the matter or is this known in P3D?

Secondly when using the menus, the simulator will lag and drop to very low FPS, it's only when I close the menu bars I go back to normal FPS and everything back to normal..

Thirdly, any possibility to have that 'alt' (Flights, Options etc) bar removed is that something tha'll always be on the screen and only removed by holding 'alt' on the keyboard?

Any thoughts?

Quote: "Secondly when using the menus, the simulator will lag and drop to very low FPS, it's only when I close the menu bars I go back to normal FPS and everything back to normal.."

Simply press the Scroll/Lock key before selecting the menu and the press it again after making your changes to re-enable SweetFX. That will eliminate the drop in frame rates.

Sorry, but I can't help with the other issues as I have never experienced either of them.

Lyn

Quote: "Secondly when using the menus, the simulator will lag and drop to very low FPS, it's only when I close the menu bars I go back to normal FPS and everything back to normal.."

Simply press the Scroll/Lock key before selecting the menu and the press it again after making your changes to re-enable SweetFX. That will eliminate the drop in frame rates.

Sorry, but I can't help with the other issues as I have never experienced either of them.

Lyn

Ok, that did help reduce the FPS problem, although when I click Scroll/Lock it disables SwetFX and as soon as I go into the menu, do what I need to do and come back out to enable SweetFX again, it won't. Just doesn't load..

It was for this problem to stop using it, this costume you can minimize the simulator to make the change you want in the settings that require only off and on for the change to take effect

It was for this problem to stop using it, this costume you can minimize the simulator to make the change you want in the settings that require only off and on for the change to take effect

I'm not following :/

With Scroll/lock I can turn it off , but I cannot turn it on anymore.

P3D startsup in Windows mode.

I have to select some adons from the menu bar first.

Than I need to start some addon programs outside P3d.

After that I choose Denali's Distortion Fix which resizes the Window to "fullscreen" 

If someone has a workaround I would be greatfull.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

With Scroll/lock I can turn it off , but I cannot turn it on anymore.

P3D startsup in Windows mode.

I have to select some adons from the menu bar first.

Than I need to start some addon programs outside P3d.

After that I choose Denali's Distortion Fix which resizes the Window to "fullscreen" 

If someone has a workaround I would be greatfull.

That's exactly my problem, I don't understand what changes when the menu bar is selected but something seems to be removed or disabled.

That's an interesting read;

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449337-sweetfx-not-working-with-v23/

Quoting the topic starter;

"Hi,

Thanks for the replies, i managed to solve the problem by uninstalling windows update KB2670838. Had it installed since April or May, don't know why it didn't have a problem with version 2.2. Go figure.

Regards"

I'll go home later and remove that update if I have it and post back later with results.

Hello!

I had the same problem, look @ :

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449337-sweetfx-not-working-with-v23/page-2#entry3109322
There might be a problem with some windows update!

Do you try "fullscreenizer"?

Cheers

I don't mind about going full screen, the problem is SweetFX disabling when going into the menu bar which I have to do sometimes to access certain addons etc.

On my sytem I do not have this KB update and the issue is there.

In v2.3 it worked like it should.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

He's also quoted;

"ok friends !

Thank you for your response, but I think I have it !

I´m not sure which step solved this problem (no tests after every step, sorry) but i did as follow:

reinstalled DirectX runtime

as posted above -> uninstalling windows update KB2670838 (could be the reason)

rebuild P3D own shaders with SweetFX on

rebuild SweetFX shaders (pressed break button on keyboard) with SweetFX on and off !

The issue with the P3D menu is still there, but as soon as I close the menu the effects are coming back, an I can also switch to fullscreen or windowed mode without problems !!

Yuhuu !

Thank you !"

I do have the KB update so I'll test it tonight, you have Windows 7?

Yes, WIN7 64Bit !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Here also W7 64 bit but not that Update and also the issue.