Sign in to follow this  
Q400lover

airspeed won't come alive

hi for some reason on my airspeed would not come alive during takeoff and im not sure why, my ground speed was above 45, but my indicated airspeed did not move. any help appreciated.

hi for some reason on my airspeed would not come alive during takeoff and im not sure why, my ground speed was above 45, but my indicated airspeed did not move. any help appreciated.

You weren't on VATSIM trying to fly out of IAD earlier, were you?

And I'm not sure if this affects anything in the sim, but did you have the pitot covers still on (selected via the GROUND CONNECTIONS menus)? That would definitely do it.

Kyle Rodgers

yes i was, i was UA419, and the pitot covers were removed, im going to be trying again here in a few minutes.

yes i was, i was UA419, and the pitot covers were removed, im going to be trying again here in a few minutes.

Gotcha - I was the UAL 738 taxiing out on Delta as you were returning. Just heard it still isn't working for you. Do you have FSUIPC installed? That might by the issue. I can't think of anything else at the moment. Try moving the FSUIPC.ini to the desktop (out of the FSX folder) to have it rebuild another one just to see if that fixes it.

Kyle Rodgers

ok, yeah i use fsuipc, and it worked yesterday, ill try it another day after i restart my pc. and ill try the -900, thanks for the help and have a good flight. :)

ok, yeah i use fsuipc, and it worked yesterday, ill try it another day after i restart my pc. and ill try the -900, thanks for the help and have a good flight. :)

Glad it worked.

I actually quit the flight in order to log back in as a controller to support the WorldFlight group's fly-in at RDU.

do you guys get alot of controllers over in the USA on vatsim?

Depends on the area. NY, Washington, Miami and Southern California are usually pretty well staffed. Seattle is also usually on.

Kyle Rodgers