Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Could This Be The Cure For OOM's

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454907-system-mechanic-memory-management-fsx/

If anybody has the latest version of System mechanic, I would be keen to see the result, especially in New York.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You seem to be touting this program a bit. have an interest in it?

I have NOT used this program, nor will I ever BUT the general consensus from the people that I know and have read is that this type of "memory management" could cause more problems than it cures.

If it were that simple to eliminate OOM's I am sure we would have heard about this a long time ago. There are many reasons for OOM's and they seem to be system specific. I never had one with FSX and the only time I ever had one with P3D was when they had the vegetation autogen issue.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You seem to be touting this program a bit. have an interest in it?

No need for such a smart arse reply Vic. Good heavens, I only mentioned it twice. You do not own the right on this forum to decide what one posts on here.

I do not own SM, in fact I have never heard of it. An interest in it ??  yeah, I am the CEO

I don't need a lecture on OOM's either. I don't have that issue. I posted that avsim link for those that do.

I will not be posting on Avsim anymore, this really is the straw that broke the camels back. It use to be a friendly place.

I initially joined Avsim  in 2001 Vic, so i think if i was to secretly tout a product now, don't you think that would be odd ?

If this is the sort of reply's one can now expect on here, well maybe it is time to not post on Avsim any longer.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I will not be posting on Avsim anymore, this really is the straw that broke the camels back

Hope ya stick around buddy!  I always enjoy following your postings Julian

Chris Sunseri

Hope ya stick around buddy!  I always enjoy following your postings Julian

When I cool down, I probably will Chris. Touting a product  (directly ie as a shareholder ) is not something I subscribe too, and those that know me on here like yourself, would know I would not do that. If I ever did, I am sure Tom Allensworth would bannish me to some tropical island.

////

If I ever did, I am sure Tom Allensworth would bannish me to some tropical island.

Me too please

Hawaii would do nicely

or Fuji even

No need for such a smart arse reply Vic. Good heavens, I only mentioned it twice. You do not own the right on this forum to decide what one posts on here.

Nice one, Julian. Very apt riposte, but don't go, buddy. Your inputs will be missed and you for one have ALWAYS been knowledgeable and above all, civil.

But I too have read a few unpleasant things about System Mechanic creating havoc. I used to have it in its early forms till I read in a tech publication what its pitfalls were, and immediately got rid of it.

I thought South Island was tropical? At least it has a nice sounding name ala South Seas!

Hi Rick,Had a quick look at some reviews on SM, and your quite correct, it seems to hog the system a bit like Nortons. Some features were quite good, but the background optimizations were scary to say the least.

Maybe that is why I never heard of it, because people are to scared to use it :)

South Island tropical ? yeah right :)  I was having a terrible mental picture of me in my speedo's sunbathing on top of the Southern Alps. LOL

Me too please

Hawaii would do nicely

or Fiji even

Raratonga is nicer

Just to cheer you up, tonight, and I mean early hours as of now, an apt song you may recognise, was played on RTE(Irish Radio+TV) called Day After Day. No need for me to elaborate.

Speedos in the Southern Alps at this time of the year? You'd be certified for sure!

ust to cheer you up, tonight, and I mean early hours as of now, an apt song you may recognise, was played on RTE(Irish Radio+TV) called Day After Day.

Ahhh, yes, my favourite. Cheers Buddy.

When I cool down, I probably will Chris. Touting a product  (directly ie as a shareholder ) is not something I subscribe too, and those that know me on here like yourself, would know I would not do that. If I ever did, I am sure Tom Allensworth would bannish me to some tropical island.

Tell you what Julian - I'll forgive your over sensitivity of you forgive my lack of it!  :)  

Stick around, Avsim is still a good place.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Did anyone read my earlier post of today??  System mechanic definitely works. (I think the title was SYSTEM Mechanic FSX or something like that. Just beware that it trashes Window's voice recognition software, which means bye bye VOIXATC, Fly2Crew etc.

Lon Duncombe

Tell you what Julian - I'll forgive your over sensitivity of you forgive my lack of it!  :)  

Stick around, Avsim is still a good place.

Vic

Ok, cheers Vic

Just beware that it trashes Window's voice recognition software, which means bye bye VOIXATC, Fly2Crew etc.

Correct.  And they choose not to acknowledge it. :mad:

It killed my enjoyment of Multi Crew Experience, a very expensive lesson.  It's now off my system for good.  

You have been warned.